“YUMMO!”
Review of Union Bistro

Union Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Union Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 153 Restaurants in Castle Rock
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South Street
Description: Modern doesn't need to mean uptight. At Union, you'll find the freshest culinary ideas in a comfortable setting. Our menu is a creative collection of American inspired classics with Global influence. Inspired dishes using the freshest ingredients from around the block and around the world. Join us for the best happy hour in Castle Rock. Tuesday through Saturday from 2 - 6 PM in the bar and on the upper patio. Reservations not accepted for Happy Hour. "Community" is more than just a word to us. Nothing's better than sharing a great meal with family and friends. Come and enjoy the neighborhood comfort of our dining room, our spacious bar, the outdoor patio or our famous community table. We look forward to seeing you soon. Join Us!
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Fabulous food, great service, wonderful town! And, by the way, dessert is to die for!!!! Stopped in after a nearby hike. I am from the deep south so I am very spoiled with fantastic restaurants ... this was a great choice! We based our decision to go here b/c of Trip Advisor reviews! Will go back for sure next time I head to CO!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We love eating at Union. Their food is adventurous and simply divine. Their filet is so tender and juicy...I love it. If I had to think of any complaint, it's the seating/waiting situation. Even with reservations (which you really should have) the wait can be an awkward 10-15 minutes...and I say awkward because there is no really good place to wait...You're just standing in the open. That said, once seated, you'll enjoy a delectable meal!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have eaten at their sister restaurant, Uniscali, several times but had never made it into Union Bistro until yesterday. We had a late lunch, though the place was pretty full at 1:30. I had the special salad of the day with grilled chicken breast, applewood smoked bacon, cucumbers and a few other goodies in the salad. My spouse had the Hot Thai Beef which comes tossed in cabbage, romaine, ice noodle and fresh veggies in a light lime honey ginger vinaigrette. We shared the soup of the day which was a devine creamy artichoke creation. We mentioned to our server, Stacy, that we always went to Uniscali but hadnt been here before. She began explaining her favorites on the menu and also told us about the happy hour which includes discounts on the small plates in addition to drink specials. We topped off the meal with a piece of the coconut cream pie.. YUMMY!!! We definitely will return..

1  Thank Loves2TravelALOT_11
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The Union Bistro is a delightful restaurant. Cozy and upscale. Their lunch menu is better than the typical chain Bistro with a wide variety of salads, sandwiches and more. I see in earlier post there were complaints, I have never experienced any problems with various visits during lunch, I cannot speak on the dinner crowd.

Recommended

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Made a reservation for a large group to celebrate a wedding in the family. Shared the occasion with the reservations person and were told they didn't have a private room but that they would put us off in a corner and that after 7:30 pm the restaurant got quiet. We were seated at a long table with chairs and a banquette so that the people at the end were isolated. The noise level in general was HIGH the entire time from 7:30-9:30 and the ten of us were barely able to speak to the person across the table - never mind down the table. The food was good, service attentive but the point of the evening was to be able to socialize and that was ruined by the noise level in the restaurant and the thoughtless table arrangement. My bad for not doing more research!