“Go- get all the small plates!”
Review of Union Bistro

Union Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Union Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 147 Restaurants in Castle Rock
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South Street
Description: Modern doesn't need to mean uptight. At Union, you'll find the freshest culinary ideas in a comfortable setting. Our menu is a creative collection of American inspired classics with Global influence. Inspired dishes using the freshest ingredients from around the block and around the world. Join us for the best happy hour in Castle Rock. Tuesday through Saturday from 2 - 6 PM in the bar and on the upper patio. Reservations not accepted for Happy Hour. "Community" is more than just a word to us. Nothing's better than sharing a great meal with family and friends. Come and enjoy the neighborhood comfort of our dining room, our spacious bar, the outdoor patio or our famous community table. We look forward to seeing you soon. Join Us!
LODO
“Go- get all the small plates!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Try it... it's relaxed and comfortable. Unique, especially for this area which genuinely lacks good food and non-franchised restaurants. Why? We need real food and good food.
Too bad it's not open on Monday. Try the desserts, too.

Visited April 2012

colorado
“Expensive”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The food here is good and a nice departure from the regular fare in Castle Rock. It is however expensive. I do not recommend it for children.

Lone Tree, Colorado
“Great Innovative Bistro in the heart of Castle Rock”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

A friend and I met to catch up over dinner last week and had a great evening from start to finish! The happy hour drink and app specials are pretty great.
i.e.
$4 sloppy cheesy joe sliders
$5 idaho nachos with white cheddar fondue
$5 crispy fried calamari with gremolata
$5 duck lettuce wraps

The place was hopping for a week night and everyone was enjoying a respite from the heat. Our calamari starter was absolutely delicious. The duck sliders we indulged in were so fresh and flavorful we ate like little piggies! Regardless, we ordered dinner to follow. My friend loved the salmon cake salad and I enjoyed the freshly steamed mussels. Service was kind and capable. The ambiance is laid back, candle lit bistro with a friendly vibe. The Union Bistro is an affordable & tasty escape when you want to breakout from the chains that inundate Castle Rock and most of the suburbs in general! Enjoy!

**PS Half priced bottles of wine on Wednesdays!! Woohoo!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Castlerockmom
Kalkaska
“Say "Yes!" to The Union in Castle Rock”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

When visiting friends from Castle Rock, they took us to one of their favorite local restaurants, "Union". What a sweet place! The friendly Staff made us feel right at home and were so friendly and helpful. Loved the ambience as we enjoyed our drinks and meal in the lounge/bar area while sitting at the long, tall underlit bistro table (cool idea). We enjoyed the casual, informal atmosphere while enjoying some great food. We shared several small plates and all of them were packed with great flavor and very well presented. The menu had a wide range of options to please anyone; fun and interesting food and drinks. I wish I were a local as I'd never get tired of this place! So many items on the menu that I'd love to try! Our Server said they change the menu often which must make their regular customers happy. I also enjoyed the artwork they had displayed throughout the restaurant. I give this place a Five Star because it shines for food, service, ambience, price, and cleanliness.

• Visited September 2012
Warrenton, VA
“Tried and True Terrific”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I get to Colorado Springs once a year and meet friends who drive down from Denver at the "Half-way" point which is Castle Rock to have dinner. Only my second time at Union Bistro and in a year's time this restaurant holds it's charm of a truly good dining experience. I have to admit, on my last visit, the pork chop, Union Bistro's signature dish, IS the best chop I've ever eaten and it was hard not to order it this time. I decided on the salmon and delighted I did. Prepared perfectly with a terrific glaze (menu said BBQ sauce but it was like no BBQ sauce I'd ever had and was outstanding!), crunchy home potatoes and roasted brussel sprouts, I think the salmon dish may be my new favorite. Dessert choice was hard, as I ordered the outstanding Coconut Cream Pie but wanted Union's home made ice cream sandwich with salted caramel ice cream. The waitstaff are always very attentive and Union had a half-priced bottle of wine special which we couldn't resist. There are many wonderful restaurants in Colorado Springs, but venture north on Route 25 to Castle Rock (45 min) for a truly terrific meal. My trouble is I have to wait another year before getting there again!

• Visited September 2012

Been to Union Bistro? Share your experiences!