“Long relaxing lunch with friends”

Rockyard American Grill & Brewing Company
Ranked #3 of 153 Restaurants in Castle Rock
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2013

It was a very cold day. It was warm and welcoming in the restaurant. We were able to enjoy good food, good drink an d friendship. The waiter was wonderful and didn't rush us. The appetizer of hot artichoke dip was fantastic. My burrito had enough spice for flavor. The chicken was well seasoned. My friend head the chicken Ruben which was wonderful. I would recommend this restaurant to any one that wants good food in a comfortable le atmosphere.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

The Rockyard American Grill and Brewing Company was a meeting place for us to meet our daughter's boyfriend's parents. The restaurant looks great and is conviently located just off the freeway and close to the popular outlet mall in Castle Rock. The food was the least impressive part of the visit. My wife had the fish and chips and I had the French Dip sandwich. Neither were anything special. They tasted like the food at a Denny's or Coco's. Our daughter enjoyed her green chile burrito. I had one of their freshly brewed lagers which was very good. If we were looking for a restaurant in Castle Rock we would probably try another establishment.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We ate here Monday, walking in about 6PM. Already the parking lot was 80-90 percent full, already many of the tables and most of the booths were taken. Still we received a warm, relaxed welcome, were seated promptly and met our waitress promptly.

The menu offered a wide range of choices of American food of fish, pork, or beef salads or vegetables, salads ala carte, sandwiches, and American-Mexican options too. My wife ordered grilled chicken which arrived on a huge bed of lettuce garnished with mandarin oranges, tomatoes, and almonds. I ordered Salmon which topped an equally generous portion of spinach leaves. The underlying salads were tossed with a dressing unique to the dish.

About 20 minutes later, my wife's chicken breast filet arrived slightly dry, my salmon fresh and moist. Both had a nice grill flavor added by the preparation.

Service was congenial and considerate. Surroundings were clean, well appointed, in acoustics allowing pleasant conversation with table mates despite being over 75% full of other customers and their wait staff.

The Rockyard serves its own microbrews, and its possible with a wooden "nickel" to get selected soft drinks for $1 off.

We would gladly return if we were going to be in the area for a longer period of time without an agenda. The volume of cars on a Monday night would seem to say many locals have the same regard. It's near the first Castle Rock exit coming from Denver, near a number of hotels in the area.

Side note: my wife ordered a ginger ale and received the establishment's equivalent (according to the waitress): half cola, half lemon-lime -- that to me is Not ginger ale.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Went to this place based on the 4 star review here on Tripadvisor. It was conveniently located from our hotel across the parking lot, so that was a plus.
Pretty busy place, but we did not had to wait to get a table for 4 (my wife and I, and two teenagers) on this Saturday at 7.30pm.
They make their own beers, and we though them to be OK.
Our waitress was initially pretty attentive, but seemed to have dropped off the earth after she had taken our orders. We never got any water, and had to ask the food runner for another beer.
The food itself was mediocre. One of my teenagers even had leftovers of his half order or ribs. He thought they were tasting different.
The desert was very uninspiring : I think the cheesecake came fresh out of the box, straight from the Sysco truck.
All in all preety meek experience for our $140 tab.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We arrived right at dinner rush for a Saturday evening. The place was slammed and we are a party of six. They told us the expected wait (only about 30 minutes for a party our size) and attentively kept us up-to-date on seating. We were seated on the dining side vs the sports bar side. So the TVs were not a distraction for the children.

Our server was punctual, polite, well versed on the menu and checked up on us regularly. Besides brewing "famous" beer, they also brew their own cream soda and root beer. We had the cream sodas with dinner and root beer floats for dessert.

Everything was delicious, fresh and hot. I highly recommend the whole experience!