“I would have given a higher rating but it's SO noisy!”

Rockyard American Grill & Brewing Company
Ranked #5 of 152 Restaurants in Castle Rock
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Cute place, good selection of draught beers, so-so wine selection, decent food, very nice waiter; so DANG noisy on a wednesday night it was distracting and unpleasant. Don't know if it is always like that, but I would definitely give it a second try!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a great place to eat, and you'll find menu items that you won't find elsewhere. House onion rings are excellent as are grilled chicken and salmon dishes. I'm not a beer drinker, but my dining companions really enjoy the beer!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We dine at Rock Yard once a month because my in-laws love it and I used to too.
I have nothing against teenagers and perhaps it is a training issue but every customer should be greeted immediately and tables should be sat in order of arrival (with similar size parties of course). The new hostess staff really seems to be lacking in their ability to interact with incoming customers. They seem much more interested in talking with one other and letting someone else handle the front. I find it offensive and I'd rather go somewhere else.
The food is ok since we go so much I try to get something different every time. I am running out of options. The Alfredo is way to oily the taco salad was bleh. The burrito it pretty good. The burgers are just OK.
The beer is usually good we order lighter beers so I cannot comment on the darker ones.
I love that fact that my son can get fruit with the kids meal and it is fresh.
Our latest server seemed to have self-esteem issues. She was late 20's and seemed shy. Nothing wrong with that but it does alter the ambiance. We have had an older gentleman and he is a bit gruff but the older waitress with short hair defiantly gets my pick for employee of the month. She has just a great attitude and interacts easily with the customers.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We've been to Rockyard a few times and it's one of the better options in Castle Rock (it can get very crowded on weekends). The food is generally always good, and the beer is even better with a list of staples like Lynx Lager, Double Eagle, and a few random seasonal brews thrown in from time to time. The only downside is that the service has been hit and miss, occasionally great, occasionally frustrating.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

A very busy- some-what noisy--brew-pub type restaurant---with a 10 minute wait for seating---
mostly man-food, many beer choices-- watch to see if your draft is flat---not pumped with nitrous---no head at all---can be a family sports-bar with T-shirts and Caps for sale at register----TV screens too far from many spots for good definition.