“A good place to drink good beer in Castle Rock”

Maddie's Biergarten
Ranked #13 of 146 Restaurants in Castle Rock
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A good place to drink good beer in Castle Rock”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Maddie's is the best place in Castle Rock to have beer. I really enjoy going to a locally owned place that's fun, has great Colorado beer and delicious food. It's about time Castle Rock has a beirgarten and Maddie's has done a great job of mixing the best of Colorado and Germany.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank CR_Yeti_Biker

Castle Rock, Colorado
“Good idea, though not what we expected”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband heard about Maddie's grand opening through the local homebrew store. When we got a chance to go, Maddie's was open for about a week. While the idea of a biergarten is a fun idea, I think it needs more time to work out the kinks.

Pros:
(Only serve beer and wine.) All beers are local Colorado microbrews.
Authentic biergarten atmosphere
Play area for kids inside
You can bring in your own food

Cons:
Sandwiches are from local Castle Rock restaurants and while ok, not worth the price. (It tasted like I was eating a to go sandwich)
My husband went back inside to order and ordered the sauvignon blanc for me. He didn't know there was more than one and instead of asking, they brought out the more expensive one ($10 instead of $6).
The $10 glass of wine wasn't worth $10. It should've been priced closer to $8.
The brat my husband ordered was forgotten about and burned so they made him a new one and gave it to him for free (pro), but it gave him indigestion (con).

If I go back again, I'll definitely bring in my own food. Our bill for 2 beers, a glass of wine, a sandwich, and a pretzel (since the brat was free) still came to $33. It definitely wasn't worth that much.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank KatKemp