“Slow Wi-Fi rest was good”

Super 8 Castle Rock Colorado
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Castle Rock
Ames
“Slow Wi-Fi rest was good”
Reviewed July 9, 2008

This was Day 2 of our 26 day 6230 mile camping tour of 15 National parks. We drove from Ames Iowa to Castle Rock Co. on our way to our first NP, The Great Sand Dunes National Park (which we loved by the way). We were only a few hours from our destination at 2 am when we got too tired to continue. It was too late to find a campsite, so we opted for the Super 8 in Castle Rock, CO. I wanted to stay in a motel so I could use the Internet the advertised.

The Internet was amazingly bad and slow. Disconnecting a lot and sloooooooow. It was very frustratine for me because I was in a hurry to check out but then the WI-FI was holding me up. I see another review from June 2007 said the same thing. So apparently they have not improved it. Wi-Fi is not a hard thing to do for a motel just get a couple of wi-fi units on each floor, or maybe one near each end of the building.

I told the clerk and she asked what room I was in (lower level) and she said that was normally good. But she was going to tell someone. So I hope the next review written on this Super 8 tells a different story.

Other than that everything was OK. The continental breakfast was OK, and we found a nice sundeck to sit on while we ate.

The staff was nice too. And I slept fine.

• Liked — Was on the highway that we were driving on
  • Disliked — Slow Internet
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Indiana
Reviewed July 8, 2008

We were very disappointed in this motel. There were 4 of us in 2 rooms. The carpet in both rooms was very dirty. I had to wash my feet before putting on my sandals (the bottoms were black from walking on the carpet barefoot). My son-in-laws white socks were filthy from the carpet in their room. There is no place to sit for breakfast. The attendant said there were the 2 upholstered chairs in the lobby or a table outside we could use, or we could take a tray back to our rooms. We ended up eating out which cost us a total of $50 we hadn't planned on spending.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank IndianaHoosier42

Travelers are raving about these Castle Rock hotels

Weatherford, Texas
Reviewed April 19, 2008

I know not a lot o travelers will be staying in Castle Rock, Colorado, but if you do, BEWARE of this place.
It is a little shabby and not exceptionally clean, but what will always stay in my mind is that during our SECOND nite, the alarm clock suddenly went off. Not the FIRST nite, when it could have been blamed on a previous guest, but the SECOND nite, when, supposedly, the only people who had been in the room were my husband and I and the hotel maid staff. SOMEONE thought that would be funny, I guess.

Unfortunately, it was late, I was sleepy and without glasses and the clock radio was unfamiliar to me. Evidently, I hit th "snooze" button rather than turning it off, so it went off AGAIN about 10 minutes later - just when we had gotten settled down once more. I called the front desk to ask HOW to turn it off and the clerk LAUGHED AT ME and suggested I unplug it.

NEVER, NEVER AGAIN.......

• Liked — close to my grandkids
  • Disliked — rudeness of staff, mid-night wakeup
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charlene R
Rural North Texas
Reviewed June 7, 2007

The hotel itself was just fine. Very clean, comfy, and can someone explain to me how Super 8 finds the nicest people to be concierges? This lady was extremely nice.

The only thing that was a total pain was that the wi-fi (which is why I chose Super 8 in the first place) was intermittent at best. It kept going offline and then online again. Definitely a problem.

If internet access isn't an issue for you, then let me recommend this place. If it is, look elsewhere, unless they get it fixed -- and how would you know just by talking to the concierge? I called her once and asked her if it was malfunctioning, and she went downstairs to re-boot it. It came on, but only for a short while, then was down again.

Beds were clean (albeit small -- they were doubles rather than queens), rooms were plenty big enough for us, TV stations were clear and the A/C worked. There was a mini-fridge and a microwave in the room as well as a coffeemaker.

Thumbs up on all counts except wi-fi.

• Liked — Staff friendliness
  • Disliked — Intermittent wi-fi access (kept going on and off and on again)
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 30, 2003

Could have not ask for more. The staff was great, and so were the prices. Will return!!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member