“Clean rooms, friendly staff”

Hampton Inn Castle Rock
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Castle Rock
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I would recommend this hotel. The room / hotel was clean. Did not have any noise issues as some other reviewers commented on. My only real dislike of the stay was the complimentary breakfast. Probably the best option in Castle Rock and I would recommend this hotel to a friend or family member.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Nice hotel except for the poorly insulated walls. We were woken up in the middle of the night to the loud, annoying sound of running water in the wall just behind our bed. It was so loud that I was awake for two hours. Hallway noise is extremely loud, also, not to mention the "sounds" coming from the room next to us on our second morning! Not sure if we will stay at this location again. Usually, I am impressed with Hampton Inns, but this one must be an older, poorly-built on. The bedding was nice, as well as the bathroom being well-appointed. The bathroom fixtures could use an update, though.

Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank jewels48
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I worked Denver one day and Colorado Springs the next. This hotel was a perfect location for this trip.
It is a pretty typical Hampton Inn. Everything I expected.
Plenty of places to eat and shop around as well. I would recommend a car because most things are a little ways to walk. Especially it if it cold.

Room Tip: May want a rental car to go for food.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Every year I superintend a llama show in the Castle Rock area. In the past we have used another hotel as our host hotel but this year we switched and we are glad we did.

Staff was friendly and welcomed everyone like old friends. The rooms were very well maintained and comfortable. The beds are to die for at Hampton Inns and this one was no exception. The breakfast area was well maintained and the breakfast items were quite good. There are numerous restaurants in the area and a huge outlet mall. So the folks attending our show loved the area as well as the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Just passing through but I'd stay here again. Walking distance to some restaurants, great location. Room smelled a little musty but whatever. For the cost, location, amenities-- I recommend staying. We didn't require much from employees, but who we did come across seemed nice enough.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 17, 2012

HILTON??? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?? How has this place remained a Hampton Inn? Water leaks through the walls in the front door! Vines are growing through the windows in the breakfast area!!

I had recently fallen in love with this place. It seemed like it was THE spot to stay but the last two times were chaos to the point that I have stay elsewhere! After getting a room that smelled like a litter box with a window that leaked I asked to be moved. Got another room with broken furniture. The third room was dirty and the final room had a HUGE stain (koolaid maybe) that took up the whole room. I must have gotten lucky in the past but 4 rooms in an hour...I went next door to the Best Western. A fraction of the price and an amazing staff! The rooms are clean and wonderful! Castle Rock Hampton Inn is ready to be torn down! What a junk hole! I dont think Hilton monitors this place - its pathetic at best. Don't get me started on the staff... I do not know where they came from but the banjo theme of "deliverance" kept playing in my mind! Its the hokiest lot one could put together!

Think of dumb and dumberer-hotel version...you get the idea! Maintenance must have been laid off because the work that has been done (if you're lucky enough to get something that not in need of repair) is almost worse than nothing! I really thought there was hope at one point because there was a new manager that was getting the place back in shape but recently learned he was no longer there. The new regime should call him for advice on how to operate a hotel because YOU HAVE NO CLUE! I will not give them a 4th opportunity. I have seen enough filth and disrepair in one hotel to poison me from going back. Get it together Hilton - this place is an embarrassment to the chain!

Room Tip: Here is the best tip...a good room is one that is not at the Hampton Inn Castle Rock!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Daren P
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed here because we were doing a charity event close by. I had made arrangements days before that we needed to check in by noon to shower and be back at our event by 2:00. And of course the hotel was full, nobody had checked out just yet and our room wasn't ready.

The manager Chris Kaler gathered the cleaning crew and HERSELF and cleaned our room so we could get ready!!!!!!

That is CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Above and beyond by Chris!!!!
We cannot thank you enough!!!!!
The room was wonderful, the bed was so comfortable!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
#5 of 7 in Castle Rock
La Quinta Inn & Suites Castle Rock
Days Inn & Suites Castle Rock
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver / South-RidgeGate

Been to Hampton Inn Castle Rock? Share your experiences!