“Authentic Mexican Cuisine in Every Bite!”
Review of A Taste Of Mexico

A Taste Of Mexico
Ranked #65 of 146 Restaurants in Castle Rock
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Description: "Taste the Mexico you Don't Know", We at A Taste of Mexico are committed to stay proactive and innovative, by the end of this month (November 2011) we will feature a new menu keeping our best platters and introducing a new set of options. We want to keep offering the value and quality you deserve. A Taste of Mexico also wants to focus on creating a memorable experience introducing family style platters and make you feel like at home, with our spacious and beautiful layout you can assure you can actually be in our restaurant and enjoy your stay, personable and sincere staff. We support our local economy and utilize as many local ingredients we can get. We stand 100% behind our restaurant, please if you experience any dislike a platter or drink that might not satisfy you or is not what you expected let us now immediately your server and our management will be happy to fix, replace or take care of your meal no questions ask 100% satisfaction guarantee. We are locally owned and operated, we come from Guadalajara, Jalisco famous for Tequila, Mariachi and of course our extensive cuisine. We at A Taste of Mexico offer you a simple, non-greasy, traditional and innovative platers with a twist that will keep you interested on coming back, 98% LARD FREE. Our amazing Original margarita is the best in town you haven't tasted anything like this, from our table side guacamole, endless chips and salsa (4 different options served) to our 007 Enchiladas, we will give you a dining experience that will give to you VALUE, quality and the service you deserve. Located in the most exclusive area of Castle Rock, CO. The Village at Castle Pines. See you soon!. Established in 2009 We started like many restaurateurs, working our way up from family owned restaurants, learning the business and daily operations. We have 13 years of restaurant experience and have worked with many cuisines, coming back to our roots, always. A Taste of Mexico represents and offers what we believe is traditional Mexican food with a touch of our generation, offering great traditional platters and others with a creative and innovative way, something you won't find anywhere else. At A Taste of Mexico we are proud to say we are leaders, we created this restaurant with one main Vision to offer platters like nobody else, options you would not find anywhere else. By the end of November we will keep doing that introducing a new menu featuring our popular items and introducing Family style dining and Rustic true traditional mexican options, where you can actually visit us and feel like home sharing a warm welcoming meal with your Familia.
Colorado
“Authentic Mexican Cuisine in Every Bite!”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Finally, we have an authentic Mexican restuarant in our community which is Castle Pines/ Castle Rock. Located in a small quaint plaza shoppe in Castle Pines, this restuarant is the perfect place to go for great Mexican food, a friendly waitstaff and prompt food service. Their complimentary chips and three different salsas and bean dip is a nice way to start out your dining experience. There is a variety of foods to choose from steak, traditional bean combinations or seafood combinations. The portions are good and the price is a reasonable match. It is not crowded, easy parking and a choice to sit outside or inside. The art work and decorations on the walls are interesting to look and the bar area is comfortable. I am thrilled we have a restuarant to go to in our neighborhood but even if you are not from Castle Rock area, it is worth the trip to get some good Mexican food.

• Visited December 2011

Castle Rock, CO
“Reviews Were Misleading - Great Meals!”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Based on reviews found here and other sites, my husband and I didn't have high expectations. We did order the 007 enchiladas, which were amongst the most highly recommended. My husband had his in chicken, and I chose the steak. Both of us were pleased with the dishes. They both looked appealing and the flavors didn't disappoint. Plenty of fresh jalapenos! The service was wonderful - very attentive and friendly staff. We took our 4-year-old son and he felt well attended to as well! It was an enjoyable meal and we will most likely return. My only suggestion for improvement would be to go ahead and make those original margaritas a bit stronger! :D

• Visited December 2011
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Don't Waste Your Money”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

This is by far the poorest Mexican restaurant I've been to in many years. The food was expensive and tasteless and the margaritas were awful. There are several good Mexican restaurants in the Castle Rock area (Guadalajara, Las Fajitas)--save your money and avoid this one.

Colorado
“Very disappointed, food was very salty”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Took my kids on a Friday night at 6pm and place was mostly empty but then filled up later. I ordered pork carnitas, my daughter mac n cheese and my son 3 tacos. The pork carnitas were very, very salty and the meat was fatty. The rice and beans side dishes seemed like an after thought and the rice was very dry. My daughter's mac n cheese was very dry and french fries were undercooked. My son's tacos had to be redone because they had cheese and we requested no cheese. When we finally got the new dish (which took at least 15 minutes) the tacos had very little shredded beef which was very salty. We were very disappointed in the meals - plus it took a full 20 minutes to get our check paid (the young staff kept telling us how busy they were). We never saw a manager so I guess the kids were running the place. We dined here about a year ago and enjoyed it so we were very surprised at how much the food quality and service had declined.

1 Thank Reviewer066
atasteofmexico, Owner at A Taste Of Mexico, responded to this review, November 12, 2011
I'm really surprised and sorry to hear about your experience, we now have been on business for two and a half years. Myself and my wife run the business I assure you, I'm not sure why this issues were never brought to our attention or if you requested to see a manager, I always encourage anybody to do it. I would not let any patron eat or try to eat food that they don't like or wasn't properly prepared. please don't let this experience keep you away of our establishment we appreciate the support, Thank you for your feedback.
Denver, Colorado
“Fair at best....”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Generally speaking, I advise taking a pass on this restaurant. Premium margaritas were watery and made with just a mix. Guacamole was excellent, made table side. We all four had varying entrees but all were way too salty and way overcooked. Chips and salsa were bland with the chips clearly coming right out of a grocery store bag. The flan was very good. Service was top notch and very friendly. So.....a mixed bag, for sure, but overall not worth a return trip. A shame, really, because there is potential here. A new chef might be the approach they need to take.

• Visited September 2011
I'm really sorry to hear about your experience, We make everything fresh from scratch specially our chips and salsa's, we don't buy anything premade. We are well known for our Original Margarita no mixes here, we do have a variety of margaritas from the premium description I wouldn't know what you had, pleas don't let this experience keep you away, come see us again and I will personally take care of you, since day one I have offer a 100% satisfaction, we have been on this location for two and a half years now, come visit us and if anything is not up to your satisfaction let us know. Thank you for your feedback it really helps us stay on top of things. Thank you