“Wonderful week at the Inn”

Adobe Inn at Cascade
Ranked #1 of 4 Cascade B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 28, 2009

We loved the southwest "flavor" of The Inn at Cascade. Not only in the decor, but also the delicious breakfast menus. Very comfortable and relaxing. Tom and Sheri were gracious hosts who provided lots of information and a breakfast that could last until dinner. We would definitely recommend this B&B to friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 12, 2009

Two adults and two teens stayed in the ranch-style home a couple of minutes from the inn. It was GREAT! This is no cabin, but a well-maintained and furnished 3 bed/2 bath home. Comfy beds, very clean, great location just minutes from Manitou Springs. There is nice outdoor space for sitting or eating outside and the kitchen has everything you need (except a dishwasher, no big deal). Sheri was very nice and made great restaurant recommendations.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2009

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful getaway at The Inn at Cascade which is a beautiful adoble inn located in the mountains near Pikes Peak, lots of pine trees and gorgeous mountain views. Since we lead busy lives with work, family, etc. we tend to stay at bed and breakfasts to escape the hectic pace of everyday life, consequently we've stayed at many B&B's in our travels over the years and rate The Inn at Cascade as one of the best. The innkeepers Sheri and Tom are gracious hosts, warm and inviting and seem to have mastered the art of being friendly and conversational without being overbearing or intrusive. The inn is decorated with southwestern style art and furniture and you can tell that much attention has been paid to the details. We stayed in the Moonlight Suite and just loved the peaceful serenity and privacy this room offers...it has a private deck that looks out at some incredible views. The breakfasts were a highlight of our stay and something we looked forward to each morning. Sheri is a fantastic cook and every breakfast was a delight, some of the best we've ever had anywhere! We would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone looking for a peaceful getaway and will absolutely be back in the future! Thanks again Sheri and Tom for an incredible stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2009

This was our first time at a B&B and I have to say it was a pleasant experience. However I do have some issues with just small picky things since for the price of the rooms you would think small details would be taken care of. First the house is beautiful. It's an Adobe style and was decorated in that style and very nicely done. When we arrived we were greeted by Sheri and shown to her room. The room was very nice and cozy and everything was nice and clean. We were also shown the common room as two of the three rooms share a common area and the third has a private sitting room. Now the first thing that we noticed and ran into was that in the area there was only one three person couch and one chair. This means that if two couples want to sit in the room and get to know one another someone will end up sitting on the couch with the one couple. Now that is great if you know everyone but is uncomfortable if you have just met. I would suggest at least one more chair in the common area. Also in the common area are lots of snacks and gum and a pot to make hot water and a variety of teas. It was nice sitting in there but one of those small things bit me when I tried to add sugar to my tea and there was nothing to stir it with. Sheri said that there should have been a spoon out there but it might have migrated to a room. Well that is great for who has the spoon but I would suggest some plastic stirrers in a cup or something like that to ensure that stirring ability is always present. They had a great pick of games in the common room to fill some time and there are books and magazines everywhere. One thing that miffed me a little was at 9:30 the wife and I were playing some Yahtzee in the common room that we were told was open till 10 p.m. Sheri came through and told us that we were welcome to take the game to our room and that other people might be trying to sleep. I felt a little taken back at this conversation and felt that we were trying to be rushed out of the house to our rooms when it wasn't even close to 10 p.m. yet. Being who I am though I asked again if the room was open until 10 and was told yes so me and the wife stayed and finished our game. The bed we slept in was very very comfortable but if you don't like a really soft bed then be ready for that. In the morning I don't know what it was about the water pressure but the shower was very very weak and trying to find a comfortable temp was about impossible. On to the breakfast. Now I have to say that Sherri and Tom really know how to put out a spread. We had an Egg Quiche was delicious and the side potatoes where very good and well seasoned.. The plate was beautiful and everything was tasty and satisfying. All in all I have to say that It was a pleasant experience and I can't to wait to try other B&B's to see what else is out there. I see the next question in this review is would I recommend this hotel to a friend and I will say "MAYBE" I would describe our experience and let them decide for themselves.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank warrior58d
Reviewed April 28, 2009

We stayed here a week in the Ponderosa Room. The Inn is beautifully decorated with a southwest flair. The building itself has been meticulously maintained and updated. Everywhere you look there are things to fill the soul and delight the eyes. The food was 5 star resort caliber. And Sherry and Tom are just the best hosts you could ask for: knowledgeable, friendly, and fun to be with. Sincere thanks to them for a perfect week. We would definitely recommend this Inn and will go back there again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank caroldavid_9
Reviewed March 31, 2008

Each time we come home to Oklahoma, we can hardly wait to go back to The Inn at Cascade. Our visits to the area, and the pampering we get from the innkeepers Tom and Sheri, make each stay so wonderfully pleasant! The furnishings and American Indian decor are very warm and inviting.

Beside the lovely accomodations, Sheri is a fabulous cook! She has some recipes that are uniquely Southwestern, and uses beautiful linens and dishes to accent the food. I think our favorite time of the day is after dinner, when we come back to the Inn after messin' around in the mountains. I swear I think Sheri hears us drive in because there is always some warm decadent dessert wating for us on a tea trolly in the living room. Tea, sweets and a good book are just what we need to end each lovely day.

We are so lucky to have found The Inn at Cascade, and were one of their first travelers. We have just booked our eleventh stay, and look forward to another great experience!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank lizv43
Reviewed March 26, 2008

The Inn at Cascade was our first bed & breakfast experience and will certainly not be our last. Everything about this place was great. The Innkeepers, Sheri and Tom, were wonderful hosts, the gourmet breakfast was absolutely delicious, and the views were spectacular. This inn must be experienced to be appreciated.

---Alfredo & Damaris, Easton, PA

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank a_rodriguez01

Been to Adobe Inn at Cascade? Share your experiences!