“A True Gem!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Cascade B&B and Inns
Denver, CO
“A True Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2008

My partner and I came across the listing for the Inn at Cascade after searching for a B&B for a long weekend getaway. We live in Denver, and were eager for a short escape from the bustle of the metro area. We now consider this place one of our favorite escapes.
The first thing you might notice as you pull into the driveway is the delicious silence. True, the Inn is not completely secluded, but just those few turns off the main road as well as the tall pine trees surrounding the main house add to the calm and privacy of this place.
The Moonlight Suite is just beautiful. You can tell there is obviously a great deal of attention to detail, but it is light on the knick-knacks. We enjoyed an evening walking around Manitou Springs, had a lovely meal in town and were happy to return to such a cozy room. Take a dip in the 2-person hot tub. While you're at it, lean your head back and take in the star-filled mountain sky.
The hosts at the Inn are two wonderful people. They welcomed us, gave us a number of helpful suggestions and we enjoyed our conversations with them...but at no point were they intrusive.
And the food! Delicious with a definite southwestern flavor.
What you won't find here is wireless (I don't think?) or any of the heavy tech stuff that may be necessary for business travel.
This is however, the perfect place to relax, regroup, explore Pike's Peak or escape from the stress of life...if only for a long weekend.
We can't wait until our next visit!

• Liked — Comfort, welcoming hosts, delicious breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank porcelainowl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Augusta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2007

My wife and I took a chance and decided to visit the Inn at Cascade based solely on their website, but, nice as it is, I don't think it does the place justice. The inn itself is a great place to stay. It's situated in a wooded area, looking out at the mountains, with Pike's Peak and Manitou Springs just minutes away. We chose the smallest (we're frugal) room, but it turned out to be much larger than we anticipated. The room (the whole house for that matter) was tastefully and appropriately decorated in a southwestern decor. Our hosts were by far the friendliest, most helpful people we have encountered in our travels. They went out of their way to accomodate my dietary restrictions (no eggs) . . . which brings me to the food. I normally skip breakfast (the egg thing), but the three breakfasts we had there were some of the best meals I have ever eaten. The website's promise of a hearty, gourmet breakfast is not a put-on; it is an understatement. Every meal was varied, delicious, and beautifully presented. If we are ever back in the area, we will definitely stay there again. Highly recommended!

• Liked — Comfort and Convenience with Character
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank lincolnsnose
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2007

While we normally take our annual "leave-the-kids-at-grandma's" vacation at all-inclusives in a tropical zone, we are so very happy that we ventured to the mountains for the first time and specifically to the Inn at Cascade! Beginning with when we made reservations, Sheri and Tom make it a point to warmly welcome you, feed you enough wonderful breakfast to last past lunch, and treat you like old friends right away.

The Inn is meticulously maintained with small touches thoughtfully abounding. From hot tea, to possibly forgotten bathroom accessories, to local guidebooks or fiction on the shelves and board games too. Ask for it once and they will provide it daily until you leave. Need some suggestions on spending your day in the area? They have made a point to know the area, tourist destinations and out-of-the-way nature trails. Dinner ideas were all wonderful! While the area surrounding the Inn was beautifully natural, you could be at shopping, dining and activity destinations within about 10 minutes.

We stayed in the Moonlight Suite (it was just as pictured) and we really enjoyed sitting outside on the private deck to enjoy a little wildlife and the resident hummingbird. If you want to escape to a phone and TV free zone (one suite has a TV but not the Moonlight) and really focus on the quiet beauty of the area, this is definitely the place to visit while being pampered! We were talking about when we could return to Colorado, and of course the Inn, before we even left town.

Thanks again Tom and Sheri for being such fabulous hosts! Jeff and Alisha

• Liked — Our hosts!
  • Disliked — Can
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 2engineers
Parker, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2007

This place is beautiful and in a location that is "just off the beaten path". So many things to see and do nearby, but when you return to the Inn it's as if you are far away from civilization. It's so quiet and peaceful. My husband and I just spent two nights to celebrate our 13 year wedding anniversary. It was wonderful!! Tom and Sheri made our stay just that much more special. They make you so comfortable from the moment you step through the door. Sheri is a wonderful cook. They really enjoy running their B& B and meeting new people. Really enjoyed talking to them at breakfast. I would and will recommend their B&B to anyone and everyone looking for a peaceful and relaxing getaway.
Can't thank you enough Sheri and Tom, and we look forward to visiting you again!!
Kathrine & John

• Liked — The owners Tom & Sheri couldn't have been friendlier if we had been friends for years.
  • Disliked — There was nothing for me not to like.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank kitten3921
Thousand Oaks, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2007

Let me start out by saying that I am borderline psychotic when it comes to researching hotels. I read every review and check several websites before booking a place. I even go so far as to bring my own bedding because I know what lingers in some hotel establishments. With that said, I took a chance booking my first bed and breakfast. I could not have been more elated when my husband and I arrived at the Inn at Cascade! The location is overwhelmingly beautiful, but the inn was equally, if not more impressive.

I was warmly greeted by Sheri and Tom who welcomed me in, even though we were an hour early. I was given a tour and handed a key to what felt like our own little house. The Southwestern decor was beautifully executed and tastefully done. My expectations were exceeded as I soon discovered how spotless the inn was. Needless to say, my personal bedding stayed in the car during our stay.

Our private room and bath were SO comfortable and inviting; Tom and Sheri have detail to a science. They provide all the comforts of home, hot chocolate and tea, throw blankets and Ottmar Liebert's music softly wafting through the inn (a variety of toiletries too, in case yours were left behind) .

The next morning my husband and I were treated to warm, blue corn pancakes with fresh peaches and cream, turkey sausage and little potato hash browns. Sheri's folks were in town so we all ate together and had a wonderful breakfast; I truly felt like I was home eating with family. Tom and Sheri provided us with resources for our relocation next year and sent us off with warm feelings and fond memories. Without hesitation, we will return and encourage anyone who is remotely in that area to visit the Inn at Cascade.

• Liked — Cleanliness, warm and accommodating hosts
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Emmersen
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2007

My boyfriend frequently travels to Denver on business, so I joined him on a recent trip and we started with a few nights down in Cascade. He was a bit hesitant about being in a small place that's not really in a town, but it wasn't long before he was in love with the inn and it's location. We stayed in the suite and LOVED sitting out there and drinking coffee after breakfast. (Thank you to Sheri for sending us up with a whole pot!) It even made the few work calls we had to take seem not so bad. The breakfasts were PHENOMENAL! I can't say enough about this, except to say that my boyfriend in quite possibly the pickiest eater on the planet. I was a bit worried when he saw the southwestern style plate that he wouldn't like it, but he LOVED it and raves about the food whenever we talk about the trip. Sheri and Tom were incredibly helpful in guiding us to places to eat and hike - without their guidance we wouldn't have driven up to the state park and had a completely solitary and beautiful hike. The room was just lovely, and the whole place is spotless. The best part for me was when I saw deer walking thru the front yard during breakfast. The location is great - 5 minutes from Manitou Springs where we had fun just bipping around town, and 20 from Colorado Springs if you want a more urban setting. All in all an awesome place and we know we want to go back.

• Liked — the hosts and the breakfasts
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank trainer5740
Phoenix
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2007

It was our very first time in CO and our first experience staying at a B&B. We were very happy to have picked this inn.
Inn at Cascade on the Pike's Peak Road in Cascade CO (just outside of Colorado Springs) was one of the highlights of our trip to Colorado. The location is fabulous, up on the mountain road, away from the city. There's a hot-tub in the woods behind the inn to relax in after a long day of sightseeing. Tom and Sheri, the inn-keeper, couldn't be nicer and had lots of helpful hints of things to do and see in the area. Breakfast was served Hot and was catered to individual's diet needs. The pancakes and hash browns were just fabulous!!! Rooms were spacious and comfortable. The inn and gardens are beautiful, and there are restaurants nearby for dinner. This place is convniently located to all major attarctions.

Stayed May 2007
5 Thank funloving_1981
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cascade
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,047 reviews
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Gr...
#5 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Rocky Mountain Lodge & Cabins
Old Town GuestHouse
Old Town GuestHouse
#1 of 16 in Colorado Springs

Been to Adobe Inn at Cascade? Share your experiences!