“The Inn at Cascade is a true mountain oasis!!!”

Adobe Inn at Cascade
Ranked #1 of 4 Cascade B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 19, 2012

My husband, Stephen, and I spent 3 nights at the Inn at Cascade. It was truly a fabulous experience. Initially we opted out from having the full B&B experience by foregoing breakfast...we quickly changed our minds after speaking with Tom. He described the breakfasts as his wife's edible art. Needless to say, we said yes to the breakfast!!! Our first breakfast was a chili relleno quiche, home fries, fruit, cinnamon sugar muffins, & OJ...highly recommend eating their delicious breakfast! The Adobe Suite - adorned in southwest decor - was so welcoming! It was kept immaculate! We felt like we were 'home'. We even had the pleasure of having a deer sit just outside the window of our suite...what a gift!

Tom & Sheri - You both are excellent hosts! Thank you for sharing your house with us!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Christy_Stephen

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We spent 4 nights in the Adobe room at the Inn at Cascade. The room was not huge but perfectly adequate for the two of us and there was a large patio and sitting room exclusively for guest use.

We had the continental breakfast on two days and the cooked breakfast on the other two days, both were excellent and filling. We chose the continental which is delivered the night before for two of the days as it allowed us to get out earlier to avoid hiking in the heat of the day, the cooked breakfast is delivered to your room at 8.30am and can be eaten in room or on the patio.

The inn is about 5 miles from Manitou Springs and 10 from Colorado Springs meaning you have to drive to eat in the evenings but the drives were easy and restaurant choices plentiful.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Richard P
Reviewed April 6, 2012

My husband and I just spent our honeymoon in the Moonlight Suite. The only thing that could have made our trip better was being able to stay longer. The breakfast alone was more than we could eat in one sitting! The muffins and snacks provided were great to take along on our hikes. The private balcony has a beautiful view of the mountains and the room itself is welcoming and comfortable. Sherry is a great innkeeper. We felt right at home immediately upon arrival. She will not lead you wrong in recommendations of places to visit. The inn is in a perfect location - just far enough out of town to have that quiet, country solitude, but just minutes away from all the area attractions. We will most definitely stay here again if we have the opportunity!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed February 21, 2012

This review is long overdue- we were here in August of 2010 and while we didn't get a ton of time to enjoy the property to it's fullest- it is a lovely place with a ton of charm and really true to the southwestern style of this area. It's in a nice quiet neighborhood just outside of Manitou Springs so a perfect spot if you're going to spend time at Pike's Peak. The room is well-stocked with trial size anything you can imagine. Breakfast was also fantastic - everything brought to your room, and truly delicious. We highly recommend this as a perfect stop when vacationing in this area.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Beautiful surroundings, nicely decorated bedrooms and common area, close to everything, awesome breakfasts, great suggestions on where to drive, even help scraping the car window on the first snowfall of the year. All of this made for a near perfect experience.

There are just a few small things that could have helped make it a perfect experience for me. Please note that these are not criticisms because these things might be unimportant to someone else or might even have detracted from their experience. But for folks for whom these things may be important, it is best to know up front. First, I wish there had been more light in the bedroom and common areas. I know it is intended to be a romantic getaway (and it is) but I would have loved to be able to better see what the books were on the bookshelf (or to read my own books). Second, I would have appreciated a microwave in the common area so that if I didn't want to go out to dinner I could have heated something up. Third, Tom was very gracious when we arrived and when he brought us breakfast. We never met Sheri. They are so intent on giving you your privacy that they are virtually invisible. While I far prefer that to someone who is always in your face, after reading about how nice they were I wouldn't have minded seeing a bit more of them. To me, the innkeeper is part of the overall ambiance of a B&B and I missed that a bit here. Lastly, because the breakfasts are so amazingly delicious and delivered to your room, it is understandable that they have to be kept to a fixed time. However, since many people will have events or travel that conflict with the 9 a.m. breakfast time, I found myself wishing that Tom and Sheri would leave out some fruit and cereal for those who can't stick around for the full breakfast.

I realize that these small things I have listed take up much more space than all the good things I mentioned. Don't let this mislead you. This was a terrific B&B, we would return in a heartbeat and recommend it to anyone. Just wanted to be true to the goal of this site by giving other travelers info to help them make the most informed decision possible.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Weloveroadtripping
Reviewed July 9, 2011

The Inn at Cascade was recommended to us a by friends who are residents of Colorado Springs. I viewed the Moonlight Suite on the Inn's web page and made reservations immediately for 3 nights. As our daughter was in Europe with her grandmother, it was a perfect time for me and my wife to get away from Albuquerque. First, let me say how kind and welcoming Tom and Sheri were. They provided a beautiful retreat that made us feel as if we were on a second honeymoon. The amenities are perfect and the quiet solitude and fresh mountain air are so relaxing. We enjoyed the privacy of the Moonlight suite and its private balcony very much. Secondly, we must rave about the breakfast feasts brought to us each morning - especially the chile relleno pie! We were so impressed, we purchased both cookbooks that feature the Inn. All of the meals were simply wonderful.
I can't imagine a better experience in the Colorado Rockies. We absolutely intend to return in the near future.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wurff
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Location is perfect for vacationing - close to most major sites near Colorado Springs. The house is beautiul, very clean, and the innkeepers are naturals at the business. First off the room - we stayed in the top with a deck overlooking the mountains - they are very close and you are surrounded on all three sides of the deck - spectacular. Rooms are nicely decorated in southwestern theme and very clean. Bed is comfortable with nice comforters for those cool Colorado evenings. Next, the breakfasts - this is no continental breakfast - they are hearty, unique, nicely plated full breakfasts that are simply out of this world good. What a way to start off your day after a great nights rest. Lastly are the hosts - they are truly wonderful people who have found a knack to use their enjoyment of meeting new friends into a nice business. Very warm and personable who love to visit and will show you all the good places to visit and eat, while not being too intrusive on your stay and privacy. They have definately found their niche.

Overall - I had no negatives at all about the stay and recommend this B&B whole heartedly.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SS_Forever
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cascade
4 mi away
#3 of 6 in Woodland Park
Avenue Hotel Bed and Breakfast
Avenue Hotel Bed and Breakfast
#2 of 8 in Manitou Springs

Been to Adobe Inn at Cascade? Share your experiences!