“Hotel was OK.”

Comfort Inn & Suites Carbondale
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Carbondale
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stay in Comfort Inns most of the time. This one was OK. The lady as the front desk was extremely helpful and nice (deserves a 5 rating). The hotel was clean and typical 2 queen bed room. The swimming pool was one of the smallest pools I have ever seen and we did not use it. It looked like some renovations had been done.....new doors and flooring in the halls. The lobby was very nicely done. Breakfast was the typical Comfort Inn breakfast...but trash was overflowing and had to wait for eggs for quite a while. It served its purpose.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynne W
gmcomfortinn116, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Carbondale, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for your review and referring our hotel to the other travelers. We have addressed regarding the condition of the breakfast room with our breakfast hospitality staffs.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were very happy with our stay here. The room was good sized and clean and breakfast was fine. Compared to the other hotels/towns in the area, this place is a steal. Easily hundreds of dollars per night nearby and here it was much more reasonable. We arrived mid afternoon, had late lunch and looked around the town. The next day we drove into Aspen for the day and then down to Glenwood Springs for the farmers market in the late afternoon. Hotel is well located for both towns and makes a good base for exploring. We usually don't stay in Comfort Inns, but this one was fine. I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MargaretEllen1950

Thank you so much for your review and all the details you provdied to other travelers, we truly appricate it!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I'm horrible with names so I don't remember anything except how friendly she was and the smell of fresh baked cookies. She had several good recommendations for dinner and we chose one of her picks. She was spot on!

We arrived in Carbondale to see a concert and chose the Comfort Inn because of its proximity to the venue. It was my husbands birthday so I requested a suite and we had friends in for pre dinner and concert drinks. I was really glad for the extra space and seating.

The suite was average and could use a little updating. Everything was very clean and well maintained, just a little dated. The air conditioner kept the room plenty cool enough and the bed was adequate.

We would stay there again and would still upgrade to the suite. It was honestly just a few dollars more.

I did think it was a little pricy but I'm sure they just charge what the market will allow.

Room Tip: Pick a suite. It's only a little more but you get so much more room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cheryl R
gmcomfortinn116, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Carbondale, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

We truly appreciate your honest and detail review about our great location, friendly staffs and suggestion about upgrading our facility! Remodel some of the rooms will be done this year winter and hopefully you will visit our hotel again in the near to see the improvements.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed here three nights while visiting in the wonderful town of Carbondale. We received such a kind welcome, and although we apparently had not specified a pet friendly room, we were graciously accommodated.

This hotel has the most amazingly beautiful landscaping; certainly well beyond the usual landscaping of this tier of hotels.

Fantastically warm service at the front desk. The room was a little dated and worn, and the A/C was too humid for total comfort, but we were not in the room that long, in any case.

Overall, the service and beautiful setting more than made up for the slightly worn room. The place is pet friendly, although there is a $15 charge per pet per night - not unreasonable at all.

We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nashvillecat

Thank you for your review, we appreciated you ranked us an excellent five star ranking. I will make sure I will pass on your thank you comments to our front desk team and we will continue strike our excellent service and drive through to be the best in the area!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a few times before without any real issues. It's a mid-level hotel with decent rates. This last visit however was terrible. Walking in the front door I noticed they had made some improvements with new flooring, furniture and a few other cosmetic enhancements. I was initially impressed. It didn't last long. There was a new person at the front desk I didn't recognize that had trouble tying my loyalty program member number to my reservation. Once I finally got to my room I found out the improvements were only made in the common areas. The rooms were still mid-level at best. The toilet seat would not stay up and kept slamming shut. The bathroom door was so crooked that it wouldn't close. For breakfast the next morning there was no one watching the food. The bananas were all brown and bruised and looked like they'd been there for over a week. The scrambled eggs were all gone. The coffee and milk were both empty. Keep in mind that I was in there by 7am, so it wasn't like I was getting there towards the end of breakfast service. Overall, it was not a pleasant stay. Because of my past experiences I'll probably give them another chance, but one more experience like this and I'm looking for a different place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Monty E

It is a pleasure to know you choose Comfort inn and suites as your hotel of choice during your recent visit trip to Carbondale. We appreciate your repeat business. We are deeply upset you were no completely satisfied with you stay and can assure you that we take your feedback seriously. We have addressed breakfast room unattended issue right away with our team and looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a clean, relatively new facility on the edge of town. It is very pleasant, and we found the front desk staff very helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations. It would certainly be possible to spend more for accommodations in Carbondale (and much, much more in other nearby towns), but you wouldn't get better value for your money. This is a good spot to stay. Finding the correct spot to turn in from the highway was a little hard, and late Sunday morning the breakfast room was crowded, but those are very small matters that may not affect your stay at all.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gordon G

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Only stayed a night as we made our way to Denver, but the place was quiet and clean. Breakfast included eggs, muffins, bagels, yogurt and fruit. We had a corner room that had two windows that showed a beautiful morning sunrise.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
gmcomfortinn116, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Carbondale, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear Ann,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We truly appreciate you ranked us the perfect 5!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carbondale
Days Inn Carbondale
Hampton Inn Glenwood Springs
Hampton Inn Glenwood Springs
#3 of 24 in Glenwood Springs
Quality Inn & Suites On The River
Quality Inn & Suites On The Rive...
#11 of 24 in Glenwood Springs

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Carbondale? Share your experiences!