“Delicious food, busy place”

Village Smithy Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 52 Restaurants in Carbondale
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glenwood Springs, Colorado, United States
“Delicious food, busy place”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Village Smithy is a huge local favorite, thus expect a lot of other diners, maybe even a bit of a wait, even on weekdays. We have only eaten there for breakfast as it is marvelous. The Western Omelette is fantastic, with freshly baked bread for toast and perfectly cooked hash browns, homemade jam and salsa on the side. I made the mistake of ordering Raspberry Crepes for my young daughters to share, not thinking about the ricotta filling. It dominated the crepes and they couldn't enjoy the berries or awesome mocha sauce because of it, but I cleaned up what they didn't! It really is a great place for kids, with a crayon and coloring page drawer at their level and a nice kids' menu.

As I mentioned earlier, it was very busy and our waitress didn't have much time for us. I don't blame her for this at all as she seemed to have all the tables in the room. A refill on my coffee would have been nice. Still a great experience. Definitely recommend the Smithy!

Florida
“Very good food!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner one night and lunch another. I had the gnocchi and it was DELISH, the garlic bread that came with it was the best I'd ever had! The serving size was huge! My husband had breakfast for dinner and was very happy with his. For lunch I had the mushroom enchiladas which were surprisingly good. In all, reliable good food and service. Definitely worth a visit!

Visited September 2013
DFW
“Great Breakfast place!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant several times over the last 4 years I have been going to Carbondale for vacation. Great patio seating to let you enjoy the beautiful weather. The Blueberry Corn Cakes were excellent and something very different. The hashbrowns were homemade and cooked crispy as I ordered them. Server was very attentive. A little pricey since it is in a touristy area. Worth stopping by for lunch or breakfast.

• Visited September 2013
“Nice Sunday Brunch- Good Value”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had my first dinning experience at the Smithy on Sunday. Traditional Brunch offering with some Mexican additions. Had the breakfast tacos with hash browns ($8-?). The place has a funky bohemian vibe and lovely outdoor seating. Since I am in Carbondale occasionally during the year, I will be visiting the Smithy again and would gladly recommend to a friend.

Fountain, Colorado
“Good Morning!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our breakfast was so enjoyable. The food not only was excellent but staff very attentive. Patio was were we sat with other folks on a beautiful morning. A great start to our tourist visit in area.

• Visited August 2013