“The Real Feel of Colorado”

Village Smithy Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Carbondale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 27, 2013

After a beautiful, but tough ride up to Maroon Bells, we packed up our bikes and headed home to Vail Valley. But on the way, we stopped at Village Smithy Restaurant in Carbondale. I love Main St. Carbondale. It has the real feel of Colorado. And having a thick, juicy burger made from local Crystal River beef is the perfect Colorado lunch, particularly in summer.

My husband ordered the Asian Chicken salad. He wasn't too thrilled with it. I ordered the Black and Blue burger. It was the best burger I've ever had. I have to say, far better than the Cherry Cricket in Denver's Cherry Creek North neighborhood.

The burger is described as being blackened with Cajun spices. As a south Louisiana girl, i really detest "Cajun" spices and blackening (burning) of meats. So I ordered it sans Cajun spices and medium rare. It came with gorgonzola and Applewood smoked bacon on a ciabatta bun. FABULOUS! The meat was juicy, the cheese deliciously melted. Perfect in every way.

Regarding service, ask for Olivia. She has a delightful smile, is very helpful and professional.

The patio is really an open part of the building on the Main St. side. Very pleasant.

It was our first time to Village Smithy and it certainly won't be out last. Anxious to try their breakfast. The menu looked wonderful.

There are newer reviews for Village Smithy Restaurant

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We had a terrific breakfast here out on the shaded patio looking out at this charming downtown. My cornbread pancakes were unique and outstanding. The coffee cup was never more than half empty. We had heard great things and it is all true. Go for a nice long bike ride after to burn off the meal, the trails are plentiful and also outstanding.

1  Thank Rick M
Reviewed August 10, 2013

A clerk at our motel recommended Village Smithy as one of the really good restaurants in town. We were not disappointed. The service was prompt and personable. The dinner menu is diverse and imaginative. The pasta dish I had was wonderfully unusual and flavorful. My wife's quesadilla (mango and shrimp) was very good and far from run-of-the-mill. Good peach pie for dessert. I'd love to be a spy in their kitchen and get that pasta recipe, but I may just have to go back and hope it's still on the menu.

1  Thank Gordon G
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We were staying in Carbondale on a Sunday evening and was looking for a nice restaurant for dinner. Much to our dismay, several of the restaurants are closed on Sunday evenings, the remaining did not have very good reviews on TA and that is how we ended up at Smithy. We had wanted to try them for Breakfast, since the majority of their reviews were for breakfast - I think they just recently started doing dinners.

We started with the artichoke dip - which was good, I had the salmon salad. Cannot remember what hubby had, but sure it was beef or pork. Our waitress was friendly.

They ran out of Margarita mix so they made a margarita for my husband out of OJ and lime juice - It tasted terrible. I had the Malbec which was nice.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Found this great Breakfast stop thanks to Trip Advisor. Excellent breakfast and great service in a beautiful setting. Highly recommend, on the way between Glenwood Springs, Co and Aspen Co.