“I don't think we'll be back:(”

Allegria, Pasta, Salad and Vino
Reserve with OpenTable
Allegria, Pasta, Salad and Vino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 53 Restaurants in Carbondale
Cuisines: European, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Italian - European casual bistro within the heart of the up and coming food town of Carbondale. Venetian style decor from local artists with open kitchen. We are using slow cook methods in food preparation with local seasonal ingredients. Our special menus are changing daily whatever can be gathered and harvested in the valley and surroundings. The wine list is hand selected and changes frequently with new and exiting old and new world wines as well a full service bar is available . We are catering trough out the valley with in house cooking ,Butler service for all occasions , family , formal , entertaining.We are a truly family operated restaurant with the next generation already in the kitchen and service occasionally . We as a family are truly committed to your pleasure in dining and your experience in visiting Carbondale. Come and visit we are here to serve. Enjoy Allegria
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I was so looking forward to a fabulous dinner. Unfortunately, that was not what happened. We had eaten here for my husbands Christmas party and it was excellent, so I was thinking it would be the same glorious food. So mistaken...we had to wait 20 minutes for a table that we had called ahead to reserve, our meal took an hour and 15 minutes to get to the table. The service was extremely poor. No drink refills. And the food, well, lets just say...not good. I ordered butternut squash ravioli and saw 4 measly ravioli's in the bottom of the bowl with charcoaled pork pucks on the side. I'm hoping they were just having an "off" night, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to try it again.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

A great experience for our family from the NY area. The menu was small but incorporated Colorado fresh ingredients as evidenced by our superbly prepared trout. The short ribs were flavorful and tender from hours of cooking. The wine list is well thought out and pares well with the dinner options. Allegria is a great addition to the greater Carbondale community and highly recommend it.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

What can I say; we loved this place - great Italian bistro ambiance and delicious fine dining entrees at moderate prices. The menu had an interesting variety of starters and entrees incorporating farm fresh ingredients from local farmers and local ranchers (only in Colorado !) as well as chef selected wines by the glass at a good value. We had a local wild mushroom crostini starter, which was great, and I had a grass fed filey minion steak with porcini-chanterelle sauce on the side that was really flavorful. I’m thinking that ‘grass fed’ and care in preparation made the difference but I really enjoyed this steak along with the sautéed spinach from local Paioni and oven roasted garlic potatoes . Although I don’t often eat red meat this reminded me what I’ve been missing and how really flavorful and satisfying a premium stake can be. We also had ‘Pasta a la Linda’ the chef’s daughter’s favorite; delicious. We washed this meal down with a wonderful Nebbiolo, a Rioja and a Can Blau Spanish blend. We finished with a gluten free Lemon soufflé with ginger snap crust.

It’s great to leave a restaurant and feel on top of the world as I did that evening. We highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank TravelerJ24
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had high expectations as we went at the recommendation of friends. The atmosphere was pleasant, the menu interesting and varied. Unfortunately, service was very slow, painstakingly so. The chicken in my pasta was inedible. It tasted like the grease or charcoal residue on the grill. My wife was disappointed as well as the sauce overwhelmed the pasta in her dish. Our other two guests had a much better experience. We will try again because we want to see the restaurant succeed

1  Thank Schapman73
FISCHBACHER A, Owner at Allegria, Pasta, Salad and Vino, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for your review which is very helpful and appreciate the time you spent with it . We obviously did not meet your expectation on your visit and will ramify the issues listed based on the feedback received - our apologies for it . However we are known to correct mistakes on the spot and we had wished to know about the oversight right away to correct them. Again thank you for your time and we are looking forward in welcoming you to Allegria . F.A.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was very impressed with this restaurant. There are plenty of "good" dining options in Glenwood and Carbondale, but this is one of the few that offers a well cheffed, uniquely flavorful entree.
The menu is trim, which means the chef is focused on making a smaller array of offerings extraordinary. I was not disappointed.
Allegria also offers a nice wine list.

1  Thank BeckyCakes