“Sunday Lunch”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Sarratt
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Built in 1739, The Boot is a cosy, traditional English country pub restaurant, complete with an Inglenook fireplace, traditional bar area and newly extended restaurant "Wellingtons". Whether you're after a quality pint from our selection of real ales from all over the country, or a delicious home prepared and beautifully cooked meal in our restaurant Wellingtons, The Boot is the place for you. This great, family friendly, country pub restaurant thrives on its friendly atmosphere, well kept beer and delicious food. We even allow dogs in some areas, so please advise us on booking if you would like to include your four legged friend! We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had Sunday Lunch today and was served by the delightful Ellen who we had a great rapport with. Four of us had Fish and Chips (2) , Roast Beef and Roast Chicken. Portions were large and really lovely , not too long to wait at around 15 mins. Desserts of doughnuts (needed more jam so our friends said) looked lovely as was our Apple Crumble. Friendly staff and vibrant atmosphere. Have been a few times before and will go back.

2  Thank BicesterQPR
Write a reviewReviews (710)

Reviewed September 9, 2019 via mobile

My daughter booked the marquee and outside area for her recent engagement party. The staff were most helpful and friendly in assisting with any requests we had. The food and service is excellent and we had an amazing day. Very happy to recommend.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank Lisa R
Reviewed September 9, 2019

Went into this establishment for my 60th birthday recently. Ordered the Sunday roast (with a Yorkshire pudding). The atmosphere seemed nice, if a bit flat. Upon getting my drink (sugar-free cola, I'm type two diabetic) it was spilt all over me by a distracted waitress, who seemed less than apologetic afterwards and dismissed my protests towards her. My beef was poorly cooked - if I had dropped it (like the waitress!) it would have bounced!! I believe the name of the girl serving me was Holly, and I was also quite offended by the strong stench of cigarettes off of her too. Please rectify this accordingly, and a reply would be welcome.

Date of visit: August 2019
The B, Owner at The Boot, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2019

Dear Mugabe_619,
I am absolutely shocked and totally horrified to read such a review and can't believe this happened whilst visiting my establishment, The Boot at Sarratt. I do have a young lady, Holly, who works for me but she is highly experienced and extremely professional, having worked for me for 4 and a half years. She works on the bar though and rarely serves tables. I work every Sunday and neither me nor any of my other supervisors recollects a member of staff making such a terrible mistake and spilling a drink over one of our guests. Occasionally human error does occur, but our team are all incredibly attentive and polite and we would have done everything in our power to make it up to you. We have never received anything less than excellent reviews about our customer service. As a non smoker myself, I have never allowed my staff smoking breaks as i agree with what you're saying, in that serving food whilst smelling of cigarette smoke is totally unacceptable. I would very much appreciate it if you could send me a direct email to thebootsarratt@gmail.com so that i may investigate further. Once again, i must express my deepest concern that this was indeed the case one Sunday in my restaurant and can only hope we can resolve the situatuon,
Kind regards
Zoe (Owner and general manager)

Reviewed September 8, 2019

Big helpings dog friendly nice helpful and cheerful staff. Not too expensive but a bit slow. Everyone around us was friendly as well. Enough room at tables

1  Thank Mickymango
Reviewed September 7, 2019

We went to the Boot with 2 families celebrating a double Birthday and were seated straight away and shown the specials, drink order was taken promptly and then we had our food.

The food was great and happy with all that we had!

A special mention must go to Gail, who had a good knowledge of the menu and made some inspired suggestions, which we all enjoyed! Her service was fantastic and she made the whole occasion a success.

I would suggest the Boot for any occasion!

1  Thank SteveDigs72