“Not for us again”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Avinger, Texas
“Not for us again”
Reviewed December 9, 2008

The wife & I ate there 2 nights ago. I put it on the "never toreturn to again" list.I should have not gone in when I noticed only 2 other cars there at 7pm. Their hot sauce / salas tasted more like Ragu spagetti sauce with salt & pepper.Nasty. Ordered guacamole for an appetizer. Never saw it. When she brought our fajitas, I told her to forget the appetizer. She said "I thought I brought it to you".
I had the steak fajitas and it had so much gristke in it, I had to cut it into small pcs to eat. The wife said her chicken was ok, but both were smaller portions. Good thing it wasn't terribly expensive.
Lesson No. 1: ALWAYS check the parking lot!

Ajijic, Mexico
“good green chile, 2nd best Mexican in Cañon City”
Reviewed September 23, 2008

Cañon City has an absurdly high number of "Mexican" places and in general they're all bland TexMex. The Mission has the distinction of having real New Mexican style green chile (the "hot" would just be NM normal) and more carefully-prepared food in general. Good machaca, stacked enchiladas, etc.

While Cañon doesn't have any real taquerias there is one place that does have great value for money Mexican food that comes closest to what you'll find in Mexico or in big U.S. cities with substantial Mexican populations, and that's Alfonso's - which is located in the Conoco Station on south Raynolds off of US 50. It is THE knowledgeable local's favorite and by far the best value.

1 Thank ekknox