“Great Mexican food where I didn't expect”
Review of El Caporal

El Caporal
Ranked #13 of 82 Restaurants in Canon City
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I'm from Texas - I LOVE Mexican food and Tex-Mex food. I was worried that being in Colorado, there would not be good Mexican food but our tour guide at Royal Gorge Rafting said it was his FAVORITE. You can't really pass up a local recommendation so we went for it and I'm SO GLAD we did. I got beef fajitas and my husband got the avocado tostada - SO YUMMY! And the guacamole is perfection with their fresh, warm tortilla chips. Service was very friendly and on top of things; they didn't skip a beat. Definitely recommend if you're looking for authentic Mexican food.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My friend (of Mexican descent) suggested this place.....she was correct. The food is ALWAYS good and served super hot (physically, not tasty hot). The Margaritas are wonderful and 1 is enough. I have yet to have a bad meal and the staff is attentive.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The Chamber of Commerce recommended this Restr. We are glad we stopped. The food was served hot and quickly. The salsa is really good. We noticed a lot of local's were there at the same time we were.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We make a point to go to El Corporal whenever we go to Canon City. Great food, great service and the food comes to you quickly -- which is great after a day of sightseeing.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Southern Colorado has always offered America's best local Mexican food to me and El Caporal is as good as any I've ever experienced anywhere. Service was first rate and very timely too. Like other exceptionals I've found in this area, the building looks a lot more mom-and-pop than franchise wannabe - but that's the way it should be, shouldn't it? If you've not experienced great Southern Colorado Mexican fare there is no better place to start (or end) than El Caporal in Canon City.

Been to El Caporal? Share your experiences!