Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Canon City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Holiday Motel(Canon City)
Colorado Inn(Canon City)
View Hotel
Travel Inn Motel(Canon City)
Econo Lodge(Canon City)
View Hotel
Parkview Inn Motel(Canon City)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanextended staypool area was very cleanmexican restaurantroyal gorgemotelhollyrateshiltoncoloradosheets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This motel felt a little dated, at least the ac worked. It did look like the bathrooms may have been updated recently. One night was enough here. Near a busy street with doors that open to parking lot. Breakfast is not included but you can purchase it in adjoining restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
llfarris, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Canon City, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for your review and for staying with us this past summer. I believe you stayed in our standard room and those are closer to the road so I am sorry for the traffic noise. Our family rooms, which are larger are located in the back building away from road. We would love to have the opportunity to serve you again. Should you find yourself back in this area, I would be glad to give you a complimentary upgrade to this room type. Thank you again for the review!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Very spacious room. Older bathroom but functional. Did not pay to stay at a Four Seasons. You get what you paid for but clean, comfortable and basic. I'm OK with that. Pool was nice. Internet functional. Did not stay for breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
llfarris, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Canon City, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay. We do strive to provide the best service possible and if any comments are always appreciated. I hope you will visit our area again and be our guest!.

Lloyd Harwood
Manager/Operator

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Not gonna lie, we never stay at smaller motels like this. However in Canon City there aren't any larger type chains. We could not have been more pleased with our choice. We had a huge 2 queen bedroom with a pull out couch. Spotlessly clean. Smelled clean too! With four ladies we loved that the vanity and sink were outside of the shower/toilet area. The beds were also very comfortable and the free wifi worked great for us. We never used the microwave but did use the fridge. The outdoor pool was great, very clean as was the hot tub. If we come back here next year I would DEFINITELY stay here again! Also loved the location right in the middle of town,

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the great review and of course for staying with us this past summer. The Family Room is great to accommodate groups that want to share a room. Glad to hear you loved the pool. We have a young man that just works a couple hours a day taking care of the pool and hot tub and he takes great pride in it's appearance. The Royal Gorge Bridge was closed during your visit due to the wildfire but should be open again this coming summer. I hope you will get a chance to come back and see it. Of course I hope you will stay with us again should you ever find yourself back in our part of the country. Thanks again for staying with us and for the review!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We spent a night recently at this hotel. The rate was higher than we'd paid the entire week but seemed to be comparable with the area. The internet was slow. The ice machine was broken but was ‘reset’ and later in the evening seemed to be working. There was also no hot water the entire time we were there. The worst part was the intense smell of some sort of disinfectant used. I went to the nearby City Mart and purchased a bottle of Frebreze. I used the entire bottle of extra strength to no avail. The attractions nearby were awesome but next time I will find different accommodations.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank j c

First, let me thank you for staying with us and for sharing your views of your stay. Yes, the dates for which you stayed where filled with issues for us. We did have our hot water heater go out in the middle of the night and we were not able to get it fixed until mid-morning. The ice machine also decided to take a break on us the same day. I am happy to say both have been fixed, however I realize that doesn't doesn't make up for time you were with us. With regards to the odor, I am not sure what that would be and would be appreciate you letting us know what room you were in so I can check with the room attendant that cleaned your room. Has these reviews don't give names, I would appreciate you emailing me so i can contact you about your stay. Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review the property.

LLoyd Harwood
canonabvi@yahoo.com

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I've stayed here twice before and found the owners and staff to be friendly and helpful, as they were, to a point this time.
Their rates are good, the rooms are always clean and tidy, but I had one big problem this year.
The reasons for booking a two week stay with them again were obviously the cleanliness and the friendly people and their fantastic internet connection! Fast enough for someone 6,000 miles away from home in the UK to keep in contact with friends, family and work colleagues, by email, phone and my home server, but this year disaster!
It kept dropping Skype calls after two minutes, some emails got to the recipient some didn't, especially international ones, making contact with work colleagues very difficult and most important I couldn't connect to my server at home, so I couldn't get my British TV!
It's advertised as "high speed." That is a false statement. I measured their speed. The best about 1.5 meg(very rarely), the worst 180kbs! That's slower than dial up!
Sort it out Lisa and Lloyd and I will be back, but not until.
I've given the poor rating as I live my life by the internet when away from home and nobody sorted out the problem, so that was a hard two weeks.

Room Tip: Check out the Budget Host down the street, I don't know why they get such bad reviews, they'll do a deal and it's more modern.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
llfarris, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Canon City, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Michael,

First of all, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review of the property. Secondly, allow me to apologize for taking so long to reply. I have spoken with our internet provider and had them come out to look at our system property wide. It seems to be working better and I do hope you will come back and give us another opportunity to serve you.
We appreciate repeat guests as your self and take your comments about our property to heart.

Lloyd Harwood