“First Time, truly enjoyable!”

Royal Gorge Rafting
Ranked #1 of 18 Tours in Canon City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Royal Gorge Rafting, Zip Line Tours & the White Water Bar & Grill ~ One Location, 100% Fun!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 17, 2015

Wow!
RGR was a terrific experience. We rafted along 'Slick Scotty' who was a vet guide, in his 9th year. Very personable, gave a great history tour, pointed out all of the great things to look at along the way, provided humor and safety throughout the trip. Scott was a great guide and very good at teaching techniques.
The trip itself was fantastic. Beautiful views, fun and adventure. I really enjoyed getting to stop 1/2 way through to do some cliff jumps as well.
RGR itself is in a great location. I'd highly recommend the White Water Rafting offered through this company.
I believe we paid $75 or so per person. In my opinion, we definitely got our moneys worth!!! We will be back!

1  Thank Andrea S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,167)
All reviews
in 48 reviews
"first timers"
in 41 reviews

Reviewed August 16, 2015 via mobile

Loved every minute of it! I may have been scared out of my mind by the 30 min "safely talk", but immediately snapped out of it when our guide Warren told us all to "cut it out" if we were nervous. That helped me.
I was a newbie, having never been on a river in ANY form of transportation smaller than a cruise ship. Well, this group of guides was indeed knowledgeable and highly trained. So...even though we had some level 4 Rapids, I felt like we were in highly skilled hands.
No one fell out of our boat and became a "swimmer", (That is a big 'ol WIN there) although a few were close a couple of times.
I'm giving this company a 4 out of 5 star for 1 simple reason! Pictures.
They told us not to bring cameras with us because they had a professional photographer coming to snap our pics. So, being the good kid I am, I listened to what I was told.
Well, after our amazing trip down the river, and the 10ish shots of my man and I having the time of our lives... I was informed that the ONLY way to bring our crazy awesome memories home with us was by buying a flash drive with ALL the pics he had taken on it for a fee of $55.
My mouth dropped and my heart sank! Why in the world would I want pictures of complete strangers? That is the dumbest thing ever!
So...4 out of 5.
My suggestion to YOU ALL...
Bring a waterproof-disposable camera along for the ride and live on the edge a little! It'll save you almost enough for another trip down the river.
Oh...and I would post a picture for you all but guess what?!? I CAN'T!

ColoradoJames, Front Office Manager at Royal Gorge Rafting, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2015

We're so glad that you loved every minute of your raft trip with Warren! He is one of our more experienced guides and is very professional, fun and knowledgeable. It's great that he was able to put you at ease so that you could enjoy the trip. Our trip leaders do give an extensive pre-trip orientation. It is not to scare anyone, but to cover any possible scenario that could occur whilst out on the river. Although these scenarios are rare, it is best to be prepared and aware than not.

We usually do not recommend you take cameras out on a raft trip unless they are waterproof because they could get wet, damaged or lost in the river. Besides that, through most rapids you are required to paddle. Our photography program is an extremely unique and customized service. We hire experienced professional white water kayakers to capture your entire adventure from different angles. Photos are sold on a 4 GB zip drive and our prices are very reasonable compared to our competitor's if you do the research.

We hope that you will come back to visit us again soon.

Thank you!
~ Jax

Reviewed August 15, 2015

Wow! Very well-run outfit that offers whitewater rafting down the Royal Gorge (advanced) and Arkansas River (family friendly). One of the best examples of how well-run this outfit is, is the opportunity to fill out the liability waiver online before you arrive. This speeds up the on-site experience. We were actually late -- and missed -- our morning zipline tour, but they were very accommodating, adding a late afternoon zipline tour to accommodate us after we did the Arkansas River rafting tour. Thank you! The rafting tour was outstanding, and our river guide, Scotty, did a great job keeping all of us in the raft. He even stopped at a key point in the river to allow us all to jump out and swim to a big rock in the center of the river. Our late afternoon zipline tour -- led by Lizzy and Stacy -- was the longest and best zipline tour we've been on. Nine very long lines, including #9 -- which is a side-by-side racing set up. There is a mandatory bet on #9, and I won a beer bet with another guy in the group. Best way to end the day is the on-site White WaterBar & Grill, a very cool bar/grill with an expansive back patio. Good craft beer selection, and ambiance can't be beat. We bought the photos from our rafting and zipline tours -- a bit spendy, but worth it (they put them on a thumb drive for us).

Reviewed August 15, 2015

Our family unanimously agreed that our full-day Royal Gorge rafting trip was the highlight of our vacation this year. We are a family of four adults, but all were whitewater rafting novices. Quinn, our river guide, was fantastic—skilled, knowledgeable, professional, and enthusiastic. He really made the day. All of the guides on our trip were first rate and fun loving—great folks to go down the river with. The RGR folks did a great job preparing us for our adventure, and we thought the day had a great combination of relaxation and challenging action. The day was well-paced, with a nice mix of sightseeing, swim time, rock jumping, and then culminating in some fast action as we took the rapids through the beautiful Royal Gorge. Lunch along the river was great. The kayak support/cook/photographer was a great added bonus provided by RGR. We came away from our trip down the Royal Gorge with some great family stories—the legend will only grow with time and the telling. Thanks again, Quinn, and your Royal Gorge colleagues for a total blast! Highly recommend you guys!

1  Thank Robert F