“Awesome Time Rafting the Royal Gorge”

Royal Gorge Rafting
Ranked #1 of 18 Tours in Canon City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Royal Gorge Rafting, Zip Line Tours & the White Water Bar & Grill ~ One Location, 100% Fun!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 1, 2015

We just returned from a six hour all day rafting trip with Royal Gorge Rafting guide Jerad and photographer Cody. Both were awesome. We took the upper river, easier float first and had a great lunch of chicken fajitas, pineapple, tortilla chips and fresh fruit with chocolate prepared by Cody and Jerad, stream-side. Then, after the upstream warm up it was show time! The trip through the Gorge and its class 3 and 4 rapids was awesome. We were well prepared by Jerad's coaching and paddling lessons and had a great time. All stayed in the boat in the Gorge although I fell overboard on the upper river. No worries, the water was warm enough and due, again to superb coaching, we were prepared for such an eventuality and I was back in the boat with the help of my son in no time. My wife and I are 59 and in good physical condition and three "adult" kids 24 - 35 also active outdoorsy types joined us. We took a side hike into a slot canyon and enjoyed the shouts of encouragement from the train passengers. I would recommend this adventure for its thrills, scenic beauty, and wonderful life experience. I definitely recommend guide Jerad, he is very experienced and knows his stuff and camera man, kayak-er, chef, Cody is always there for backup in case of an over board incident. Simply AWESOME!

2  Thank Roger P
Write a ReviewReviews (2,168)
All reviews
in 48 reviews
"first timers"
in 41 reviews

Reviewed August 1, 2015 via mobile

I was so scared to go , we had an 11 year old with us as well and we did the family friendly one and I never had so much fun in my life. Our guide was Chris H. and he was fantastic and I would do it all over again when we go back next year. I give it a BIG thumbs up..

1  Thank Mommakay56
Reviewed August 1, 2015

My girlfriend and I booked with RGR at the last moment on our vacation. Dallas (our guide) was wonderful. Full of knowledge of both the river and the region's history it was both fun and entertaining learning about the river. Dallas really kept our safety in the fore front and made sure we got out money's worth. I even went with a woman who couldn't swim and he the whole time made sure she was comfortable, and by the end she was well at ease on the river.

2  Thank Jacob W
Reviewed August 1, 2015

My boyfriend and I went as first-timers and were honestly a little paranoid because we had no idea what to expect. We were scheduled for the Royal Gorge rafting session and were considering on changing over to the Bighorn Sheep Canyon (the more easy-going one), so the lady at the check-in desk had us talk to the head guide and help us make our decision. He said we should be just fine on the Royal Gorge since we're young and physically fit. We went through with his advice and we had the greatest time! The staff is young, yet certified and professional; they were all so friendly and funny. The rafting place is conveniently located right next to the White Water Bar and Grill, so after your trip you can go in for some DELICIOUS food and check out your rafting pictures on the flat screens inside the restaurant.

2  Thank Marzena P