“Fantastic Day!”

Royal Gorge Rafting
Ranked #1 of 18 Tours in Canon City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Royal Gorge Rafting, Zip Line Tours & the White Water Bar & Grill ~ One Location, 100% Fun!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 8, 2015

I would definitely recommend Royal Gorge Rafting. They were all about safety and having fun.
My husband and I rafted in the morning with Thomas and had an excellent and very exciting trip down the river. Thomas told us exactly what to do when and made the trip very enjoyable. The company impressed me more when we were told there would be kayaks that would be going along with the group just in case someone needed help. Thank you Thomas for a great experience.
We also did the extreme zip line in the afternoon with Dusty and Shannon. These two did an excellent job making our experience enjoyable. Thank you Dusty and Shannon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,168)
All reviews
in 48 reviews
"first timers"
in 41 reviews

Reviewed July 7, 2015

My family and I went on the big horn rafting tour and loved it. We had four kids aged 11, 13, 15, and 17 and they all had fun! Michelle was the best guide. She even gave us good history and facts along the way. Don't forget to bring a change of clothes! And don't wear a cotton shirt.

Reviewed July 7, 2015

John- Tall John, you rock.. thanks for the compliments on the seal team roll and swimming techniques on my fall out on exit Rapid. Strong work!

For the experience it is bar none, just a great time with great people and you can't beat the beautiful surroundings!

Keep up the great work. I'll be back and bring another newbee!

1  Thank kristina b
Reviewed July 7, 2015

I booked with this rafting company because of the excellent and friendly staff as well as the safety of how they run their expeditions.
They have kayaks that run along side of the rafting boats to ensure double the safety of getting someone back in the raft if they fall out and cannot get back in the raft immediately.

We booked an 0800 half day trip for two of us. I am in good shape and felt that was more than enough to start out with. After experiencing the half day I would say for us it was perfect. We were ready for beer and lunch when it was done!

Don't get me wrong I didn't want the fun to stop! It's just that we were worn out and a whole day may have been too much for us.

All the guides were great! We had Bono as our guide and wow he was AWESOME! I trusted him and felt completely safe! He made the whole experience fun, exciting and safe!!!
This was an awesome experience! I just can't describe how awesome of an experience it was!
All I can say is go and do it! Your body will be sore but your cheeks will hurt more from grinning ear to ear!

THANKS AGAIN BONO AND RAFT O!!! :)

2  Thank Kathleen B
See more reviews
Reviewed July 7, 2015

We rafted in the afternoon of July 2, 2015. This was my first time rafting and I must say, I was pretty nervous, especially after listening to the safety meeting but more specifically I worried that the huge lunch I had at the grill would come up. :P My fiance and I were the only newbies in our group so I was concerned that one of us would end up in the water. Chris from Maryland was our guide. He was very informative on what to expect going down the river and had some fun with us. I can speak for our group and say he was pretty awesome and made it a great experience! We will definitely request him on our next visit, and maybe we can raft the gorge.

1  Thank Nydia V

Been to Royal Gorge Rafting? Share your experiences!