“Awesome Experience!!”

Royal Gorge Rafting
Ranked #1 of 18 Tours in Canon City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Royal Gorge Rafting, Zip Line Tours & the White Water Bar & Grill ~ One Location, 100% Fun!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I love this rafting company! I've been to RGR twice now and both experiences were great. I did Big Horn Canyon yesterday and when I went a couple of years ago I did the Royal Gorge trip. Both are awesome, but I prefer the Gorge trip a but more. What I love to much about RGR is that everyone is super friendly - the office staff, bus drivers,guides, and restaurant staff. The guides are super knowledgeable and make the time on the raft really fun.It seems like they are all able to cater to different abilities pretty easily Yesterday our guide was Ashlee and I recommend her highly. She has great energy and knows what she is doing. With her tips and instruction, my friends and I were able to get the hang of things pretty quickly and had a ton of fun!

2  Thank Melanie H

Reviewed June 30, 2013

On June 22nd, 2013, my family and I were the first group to go down the river after the smoke cleared from the Royal Gorge Fire. We had been planning for the trip for over a year and were very concerned that the fires may have put an end to our big adventure. We could have not been more wrong!

I am pleased to report that the experience was FANTASTIC and the gorge was incredibly beautiful. (see photos) There was no smoke and the only evidence of fire had to be pointed out to us by our guide to even be noticed.

This rafting company is top notch. Our guides were very professional, knowledgeable, funny and adventurous. They taught us everything we needed to know about being safe and then encouraged us to test our limits by trying out some of the more challenging and exciting elements of river rafting like raft surfing, doing wheelies on rocks, cliff diving and more.

The equipment provided by the rafting company was clean and in great condition. They gave us life vests, helmets (you will need them for sure if you fall in!), booties (highly recommended), wind breakers and wet-suits (if necessary). They had several buses to take us from the rafting outfitter to the river.

The outfitter offices are a lot of fun all on their own. They have a full service bar and restaurant with indoor and outdoor dining, volleyball and live music. It is a huge facility and easily accommodated our evening party for 100+ people as well as several other semi-private events and local diners. The food was delicious and I highly recommend the strawberry margaritas and cookie sundaes as additions to your meal.

They have a guide in a kayak who will take photos along the route. You can purchase a thumb drive of the photos at the end of the trip. They were of an excellent quality. I recommend planning ahead with your family to all chip in on the thumb drive. They tell you you can then share the files with one another and post them.

The photos I have posted here are photos I took on the trip with my waterproof camera. (You WILL get very wet, so you want to make sure your camera is protected.) If you bring a camera, I also recommend a break-away floating neck strap for your camera to make sure you don't get caught up on anything if you fall in. This is a dangerous trip so I only recommend taking personal photos with the guide's permission and advice. There will be plenty of excellent photos available at the end of the trip too, so you won't miss out on any memories if the guide advises against it for some reason.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I had an amazing zipline tour and white water rafting ride through Royal Gorge Rafting. Our guides, Mike and Riley (zipline) and Joe (rafting) were very professional and experienced. I felt safe and comfortable on both trips and I had a lot of fun and laughs, thanks to our guides. The staff operated as a well-oiled machine. They were very helpful. It was a great way to spend a day as a sightseer. We highly recommend both activities, especially if you have never zipped or rafted before. Don't be chicken! You don't want to miss this!

1  Thank KOA880
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had the best time with our Rafting and Ziplining package! Donnie was our rafting guide, he taught us so much! We have rafted multiple times before but Donnie helped us with our technique and made us better rafters. We were excited to see a family of mountain goats, 2 deers and a beaver. We also zip lined. Sarah & Heather were our guides and they kept us all happy and safe. The only disappointing part of our package was the lunch that came with it. It was not the best food although there were some options so maybe it was just our choices that weren't that great.

1  Thank Travelinfine
Reviewed June 29, 2013

To top off our family vacation we drove about an hour south of Colorado Springs specifically to go to Royal Gorge Rafting and Zip-lines. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN WORTH A DRIVE FROM DENVER, HECK MAYBE EVEN BOULDER! All of the staff there were wonderful, full of character and always willing to help out. Not to mention everyone there just seemed to be enjoying themselves which totally rubs off on your experience. Three specific people took the trip from a great time to an AMAZING time. Justin and Katy were our guides for zip-lining. It was evident that they knew what they were doing as they lead us through the classic course. Both of them were friendly, asking us questions about our lives, things we liked, what home was like, etc. It was a joy to zip line with these two wonderful guides! Our rafting experience was way above par! Travis, our guide, navigated the waters like he was born in them! He was not only a great guide but a down to earth, awesome person to spend three hours with on the river! He was interested in our lives and our safety on the river. Overall, our experience here couldn't have been any better, all seven of us agree that if we came back to Colorado, we would spend another day and more money at Royal Gorge Rafting and Zip Lines. And we would ask for Justin, Katy and Travis to be our guides! Must go to!

1  Thank Addison H

Been to Royal Gorge Rafting? Share your experiences!