“It was a one of a kind fun experience.”

Royal Gorge Rafting
Ranked #2 of 18 Tours in Canon City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Royal Gorge Rafting, Zip Line Tours & the White Water Bar & Grill ~ One Location, 100% Fun!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It was a one of a kind fun experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Dave "chainsaw" and mike really showed us a good time on the ziplines. They are really good at what they do and made our experience one we will remember.

1 Thank Esmith94

Thornton, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It was the best thing I have done yet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

One piece of advise if you are going zip lining when it is warm or during the summer WATCH OUT FOR BAMA'S BACKPACK, I'm not saying why but just watch out. Chainsaw was awesome too, he was joking all the time and even took my shoe!! It was one of my favorite experiences with my dad. And don't forget about James, he was a fun photographer and he was joking, my dad even threw a snowball at him and he didn't care. IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS I HAVE EVER DONE

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Taylor G
Woodland Park, CO USA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best rafting experience ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

We have been rafting in Colorado since 2002. We have never had a bad experience with Royal Gorge Rafting. The equipment is in great condition and the guides are friendly, knowledgable of the current river condition and of the river/area. Jimmy has been very innovative in his business model recently adding Ziplining. We need to give that a try. I'm certain we will receive excellent service and training.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank DButzlaff
Clinton, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Ziplining: Extreme Course was Awesome!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have to admit I when my best friend came up with this idea I wasn't all that sold. I decided,heck only live once so go for it!! Chainsaw, Linda and James made our experience I would never forget. Chainsaw, thanks for the zip line instructor training!!!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank PostmasterTraveler
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ziplining: The Best Xmas Present!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

A good friend took me to Royal Gorge in mid-December for a fantastic afternoon of ziplining. It was my first time ever doing this, and I'll admit to being pretty nervous about it, especially seeing the distances - along the ziplines, and all the way down to the ground below. But the two guys we were with, Chainsaw and Bama, were absolutely fantastic and took great care of us!
I'll never forget the awesome peptalk Bama gave me before going on my first line ("Take a deep breath, chill out, we're with you all the way"), and the hijinx that Chainsaw gave us! Both are obviously experienced pros at ziplining, and also at coaxing slightly nervous first-timers with sugar and spice.
The outing was overall easily one of the top 20 experiences of my life, and I owe a lot of it to those two guys. The gear is all top-notch, and absolutely safe. I highly recommend these guys!!
Special shoutout to James for taking awesome pictures to immortalize this afternoon!
One tip too: coming this late in the season, it was just me and my friend, which was awesome and made things quick and efficient. If you can, book in December and hope for good weather (which we got)!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Thomas L

Been to Royal Gorge Rafting? Share your experiences!