“Amazing experience”

Royal Gorge Rafting
Ranked #2 of 18 Tours in Canon City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Royal Gorge Rafting, Zip Line Tours & the White Water Bar & Grill ~ One Location, 100% Fun!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We came from Israel with local friend and together experience awesome adventure.
The guide was well experienced and functioned great.
Atmosphere was with humor and very positive.
We recommend.

1  Thank itzik8
Write a ReviewReviews (2,087)
All reviews
in 38 reviews
"first timers"
in 41 reviews

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had a phenomenal experience. This is our second time ziplining. So
Far this has been our favorite place. Our guides Chainsaw and Bama we're halirouse. They made the experience even better. They both were very helpful. Our photographer was also amazing . Def recommend our guides and royal gorge rafting. The 2 hour fire we did was def worth it,

1  Thank Susanwen101
Reviewed September 9, 2012

At 8am, our first guide introduced himself as "Chainsaw", and the day only got better. Dave and Jess, our two guides, were knowledgeable and fun, they challenged the newbies and eliminated awkwardness with great one-liners. The views were fantastic once we relaxed, and I can't wait to go on the extreme course!

1  Thank Annmarie S
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was a very well organized trip. My husband had been before although this was my first time rafting. It was fantastic. Donnie went over all the safety precautions and put us at ease. This was so much fun, it will certainly won't be our last. When we come back, we certainly will request Donnie us our guide. I would highly reccomend this. It is also a great way to see the royal gorge. Next time we will do the full day trip.

1  Thank linda y
See more reviews
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Congrats to this company for a fun, safe, smooth running experience. Our group of 4 (2 couples in 30's and 60's) went rafting and zipping in same afternoon. RAFTING: We have never been rafting before but were trained and made to feel safe while having a good time. The river was low but still felt like we got some excitement out of it. Our rafting guide, Alex, was very knowledgable about the river and surrounding area, sharing with us information as we floated along. We chose to raft at the 1:30 time and this was good because it was the heat of the day and the river water is very cold. I would recommend using the SURF SOCKS they offer. I used some athletic sandals which are fine except your feet are constantly in water on the bottom of the raft. I think the socks would keep feet drier and more comfortable. Also, SWIMWEAR is a good idea as you will get wet and have option to get in the water. You cannot bring a camera with you while rafting but they do provide a PHOTOGRAPHER that follows you down the river. The disc of pictures includes everyone on the trip - not just those in your raft. If choose to raft at 1:30 there is very little time to grab a bite to eat before the last zipping time of the day (6 pm). Thankfully, we were the only ones going at 5:30 (the classic course) and the guides were kind enough to wait for us to finish eating. ZIPLINING: My parents have never zipped before. Our guides, Mark and Justin, were very patient with them, upbeat, and encouraging. The guides really do enhance the experience - help you relax, trust the equipment, and have a lot of fun. My mother can experience VERTIGO when up high. Zipping was NOT a problem for her. You are leaning back in the harness and therefore looking up and out more than down. Some RECOMMENDATIONS: the evening time is great for zipping since you can see the sunset and the cooler temps make the hiking easier; yes, there is some hiking involved so wear shoes with good grip; there are water stations on the course, but no bathrooms, so prepare for that. Finally, if you have a camera with a strap you can secure this to your harness and FILM WHILE ZIPPING. I have enjoyed watching this over and over and reliving the experience. A word about the photographer - on zip course I think his name was James. (sorry if wrong). He did a great job capturing not just our group but the surrounding landscape. Even though I brought along my camera, I still purchased his pictures.

2  Thank stanie1975

Been to Royal Gorge Rafting? Share your experiences!