“CLOSED”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Merlino's Belvedere
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Had been one of the better eateries In Canon City but sadly it CLOSED in Dec. 2013. Can't say it was the best Italian food I have ever had but good for Canon City.

1  Thank Mary S

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This great restaurant closed on New Year Eve after a long family run. The Royal Gorge Fire destroyed the buildings at the park last summer and caused a lot of places in Canon to close due to loss of tourism. The park is rebuilding and should be open on a limited basis next summer. Lots of other things to do in the area. River Rafting, Zip Lines, Camping , Climbing etc.

2  Thank tomule
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Try the Bananas Foster, fun and heavenly. House salad is great, I had steak and lobster, the tail was huge and worth the price. Lemon dark cherry martini was awesome. Great time w my grandfather; we will go back. Thx Belvedere

Reviewed October 30, 2013

we went to this wonderful restaurant and were treated wonderfully by the staff the owners visited our table to make sure everything was good which it certainly was it has our full recommendation

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant had great memories for me many years ago when my dad used to take the drive from Springs to Canyon City and enjoy this treat. I had vivid memories of great food, a fancy atmosphere and polished service. I had nor been to Merlino's in many years. I recently went back and beforehand buttered up my friends about its class. They had never been to it. We went on a Friday and it was a shocking embarrassment to be there. The first thing I noticed is that the place turned from fancy to ugly- casual..not nice casual. The bartender on shift did not know nor had the ingredients to make a "hot buttered rum". I ordered the $20 combination plate and in turn received a $20 mess. The presentation was so sloppy and messy. The taste was bland. Olive Garden does better than this. I couldn't believe this was the same world famous restaurant. My husband ordered the "chocolate cake" and received a gross version of gingerbread cake. The best part of the evening was the company. Wow. This was supposed to be one of the highlights of our trip and turned out to be a nightmare. Please look into this, Mr. Merlino.

1  Thank rubiamorette