“Must have ordered the wrong thing”
Review of Pho Bowl & Grill - CLOSED

Pho Bowl & Grill
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Except they had a picture on their counter and the front of the menu describing their special marinated grilled beef "nestled on a bed of fresh vegetables and rice". It looked and sounded wonderful. What she delivered a few moments later, was not. It was a heap of warmish grey beef chunks mixed together with carrots and lettuce on top of a pile of cold noodles. A few of these room temperature beef chunks were chewable, others were much less so. I poked around at this slop for a few minutes, and the waitress dutifully came by to ask if everything was OK. I said that it wasn't actually very good, and she simply walked away. When I went to pay, they were all at the counter glaring at me, and I pointed out that the dish they prepared was nothing like what was pictured or described, (they actually have a large picture and description displayed prominently on the counter). The waitress said I was "rude", pulled out a menu, and pointed at an item on the third page to verify what I had ordered. In short, the food I ordered was bad and their response to my complaint was even worse.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This place is pretty good... especially for Canon City.

After a nice Saturday drive through Phantom Canyon, we had a hankering for something local in town. We've been wanting to try Pho Bowl & Grill, so popped in. Spacious parking lot, and Cold Stone Creamery is conveniently close if diners still had room for dessert.

PB&G had very friendly service with real Vietnamese folks (I chatted with them). We were the only in-house diners; everyone else who came in had to-go orders.

Reasonable prices with a good selection of Pho. The medium bowls are more than enough to fill me up, and the broth had a strong anise flavor. The rice noodles they opted for are skinnier than what I'm used to, but the texture was all there. The Vietnamese egg/spring rolls were fine - not the worst, by any means, but they didn't stand out either (I have been very picky with my review of these throughout Colorado).

Yay for Canon City to get a Vietnamese restaurant! We'd totally go back.

1  Thank aerofaze
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Food was very good! Service was a little slow but was still okay and no real problems. Will go back. Loved the eggrolls.

1  Thank Misty G
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stopped by the Pho Bowl today and it was a great surprise! We had the Spring Rolls and I had the Combination Rice Bowl. The pork was awesome! The staff was very friendly and the prices were reasonable. This is a great option for Vietnamese food in Canon City and we highly recommend it!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This little place has not been open long, but the food is amazing - it is clean and bright and the staff is a delight. I hope they are able to stay, because they are a nice addition to the Canon City Restaurant community. I am not a connoisseur of Vietnamese food, but this is great! - even the hubby like it!