“Words will never be enough to describe this adventure!”

Royal Gorge Helitours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The adventure begins as your helicopter lifts vertically off the Royal Gorge Heliport, giving you the thrilling sense of freedom only found in a helicopter. Moments later, you are soaring over the canyon rim as the earth opens up to reveal a nearly 1,000 foot drop to the Arkansas River below. With breathtaking views of the suspension bridge, sheer granite canyon walls, and majestic mountains, this is the ultimate scenic adventure!
Apache, Oklahoma
“Words will never be enough to describe this adventure!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I brought my kids on vacation from Apache, OK. Although I was a little intimidated by getting on a helicopter in general, it was not near as scary as I had initially expected. It was the most breath-taking view I have ever experienced in my life. My kids will be taking about this adventure for years to come. (Definitely a bonding moment for sure).
Will and his wife were so friendly and accomodating, as we would say here in Oklahoma, "good ol home town hospitality", you honestly couldn't get better people to give you such a once in a lifetime experience!!
I highly reccomend this tour for anyone, old or young. It definitely gives you a peak at God's creations first hand. It really provided a whole new aspect on life itself.

Visited August 2012

Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breathtaking”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My friend Sara was visiting from Oregon. I took her down here for both of us to experience our first helicopter ride together. We couldn't have picked a better place. Will is a fantastic pilot and the ride was extremely smooth (good for views, pictures, and my stomach). The royal gorge viewed from inside the helicopter was absolutely stunning. We circled the gorge a few times and even saw one of the most amazing views of a sunset I could have ever imagined. Our pilot, Will, timed that perfectly, and was very accommodating to us from the moment we walked in the door until even after we left. His wife Kristen has great stories to tell and knew exactly how to make us comfortable during our first time flying in a helicopter. You can tell they love what they do and that the whole thing is family-run and family-focused... even down the to Popsicle we bought from their adorable son. I would recommend anyone looking for a great new experience to take one of these helitours; they are definitely worth every single penny. =)

Visited May 2012
1 Thank gidastra
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Smooth & Incredible Flight”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My wife and I had a great time cruising on an incredibly smooth ride over the majestic Royal Gorge. I recommend a ride that takes you along the entire gorge as you will gain a new perspective and understanding of God's awesome creative power. We marveled at the beauty of this natural wonder. I have seen the gorge while rafting the river, and from the bridge above. Neither can compare to the panoramic views from a helicopter. My wife was hesitant, as she has a severe fear of heights. After the tour she commented that she was not the least bit uncomfortable or afraid. She said she would do it again in a heartbeat.
Will and Kristin are very nice, helpful, and completely committed to high safety standards. Their son sells ice cream treats in the office to earn spending money. The whole operation is a family affair. Very wholesome and down to earth people. Great ride!

Visited July 2012