“Small tasting room and gift shop” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 31 things to do in Canon City
Los Angeles, California
186 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 265 helpful votes
“Small tasting room and gift shop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

The plusses are that the wine tasting is free-- and just $1 to taste two of the reserves. The location is in the rather remote Canon City location and the " monastery" next door is not affiliated and has long since turned into an event location. it was not open during this first week of June, and the total visit to the tasting room took about a half hour. No picnic fqcilities to speak of, just a few vines and a small side yard of grass. Wines were very average, and those in our party who liked sweet reds had a few favorites, though. The wine related gift shop has the usual shirts, tablecloths, decanters etc

Visited June 2013

Castle Rock, Colorado
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Canon City Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

A beautiful place to have a glass of wine (after you buy the bottle). The quality of the wines is fantastic. My boyfriend and mom both really liked the free tasting and we left we a few bottles. Worth the stop or the trip if you live in the area!

Visited April 2013
Kingston, Canada
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great visit to Holy Cross”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Well worth a stop. Free wine tasting, nice gift shop and a great selection of award winning wines. Plan for an hour.

Denver, Colorado
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 324 helpful votes
“Something Else to Do in Canon City Besides the Gorge!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Ok, first I admit that I AM NOT a wine connoisseur. You could give me 5 different types of red wine and I won't be able to tell you the difference between any of them. I tried, it's just not a talent that I possess! This doesn't mean that I don't enjoy the occasional glass of wine. With this in mind, I enjoyed this stop. We sampled at least 10 wines, some good, some not so. I left there with 4 bottles and some balsamic vinaigrette. If you're a wine snob, this may not be worth your time. Me? Since I've been to Royal Gorge several times I thought this was a nice alternative. It won't take you longer than an hour though so you could do both in the same day.

Green Valley, Arizona
114 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Save your time if you like good wine”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

I do not know how this winery gets good reviews. Wine is very average at best with not much difference between the different wines. The $50 Revslation is a joke at that price. Lady pouring the day I was there needed a refresher on customer service. She did nothing to explain or highlight the different wines. I saw a customer buy $150 of wine & she did not even comp him the $1 tasting fee on the reserve wines. This was my first winery in Colorado so hope the wine quality & service is not representative of what the state has to offer.