“great little brewpub in quaint downtown canyon city”

Royal Gorge Brewing Co. & Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 82 Restaurants in Canon City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Nestled in the heart of Historic Downtown Canon City, Royal Gorge Brew Pub is the classic Southern Colorado brewery. Located less than a mile from world class rafting, kayaking, and fly-fishing the RG Brew Pub is the perfect end to a day full of adventure and excitement. A great place to eat in Canon City Colorado!
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Had occasion to visit RGBC this weekend and I am glad we did. We were there on a non-busy saturday afternoon and were quickly seated and drink orders taken.

Ambiance - 4/5. This a brewpub environment, so don't expect anything intimate, its a large open space.
Beer - 5/5. Great selection of house brews. I had a couple of browns, which were good. they were out of the IPA :-(

Food - 3/5. Food was ok. standard pub food for the most part. Our group got burgers, which all commented tasted good, but were on the well-done side vs. medium.

Price - 3/5. Decent prices, for what you get.

Overall, i don't think you can go wrong here. solid outing, would definitely go back.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

My husband loves the beer they brew, and they pour a marvelous glass of Jameson. The food is good - I had an excellent from-scratch chicken herb soup on my last visit. Way to go, chef!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were looking for something hot and filling - we were chilled from our rafting trip. They don't have hot chocolate and were out of the hot apple cider. The waitress mentioned last time she checked they were getting low (so why not make some more?). We ordered coffee which got progressively colder with each cup - finally we asked and our server found out the burner had "somehow" been turned off. This confirmed our suspicion that we were drinking that morning's 7 hour-old coffee! I ordered what was written as the soup of the day on their sign - turns out that was YESTERDAY's soup, so had to go for the substitute. Apparently the buffalo burger was really good - but for $10, I would hope so. The veggie sandwich got a good review also. The atmosphere leaves a lot to be desired - I would look for a different place to go.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Why would you make people wait at the bar, then blow them off? Did the men standing next to me, who came in after me, look like they had more money in their pockets?

Reviewed April 11, 2012

We ate here for lunch. My husband had the sausage appetizer,which was very good. I had the chicken pot pie, which wasn't very good. I thought it was supposed to be made with chicken breast but I only got dark meat (had I known this I would have ordered something else as I don't like dark meat). However it was served with a very nice salad that had delicious home made dressing. The beer was also good.