“Great Place To Grab A Bite Before Rafting”
Review of 8 Mile Bar & Grill

8 Mile Bar & Grill
Ranked #3 of 81 Restaurants in Canon City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Freshly prepared home-made meals, parent-pleasing kid's menu and Colorado micro-brew beers are just a few things you'll love about the 8 Mile Bar & Grill. Patio and Indoor seating. Sand Volleyball court just off the patio. Next to Echo Canyon River Expeditions.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Excellent service, very good food, and nice prices.
One sidenote: The rafting video that was playing showed boats overturning, swimmers in the water, and I found it very entertaining, but it scared my six-year-old to death just before her first rafting experience.

EchoCanyon, General Manager at 8 Mile Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thanks for the review, Scott. Perhaps we should only roll that video AFTER all raft trips have returned so we don't scare the little ones. Thanks for that advice and we appreciate your joining us for rafting and a meal.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We are from Texas and have eaten fried pickles from a bunch of restaurants, and my family all agreed these were the best we have ever eaten! We also ordered hamburgers and they were very good as well. Our waitress Mary was very sweet. She answered all of my questions about the town and white water rafting. She also helped my husband find a place that would be showing the UFC fight, since they would not be showing it at their establishment! Thank you Mary.

Thank Kristie-Travill... D

Thanks for your review Kristie! I'll pass your compliment on to Mary. It's awesome to hear the pickles were such a hit with your family. The next time you need to beat the Texas heat then come on up our way!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Wat a view! Great food & service. Easy parking. Veru family friendly! Would go back for sure! Wish they had a slightly larger dinner selection.

Thanks Ron! We do try to keep the menu simple so we can serve all of the rafters that we see coming in all at once. We appreciate your endorsement!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was shocked when I got the Quesadillas! I order these from every resturant I can, but these were the best I've ever had! Very tasty! The chipote sour cream was a bit spicy for me, but the waiter was very nice and brought me regular sour cream and I mixed the two to calm it down a bit. Our waiter Kody was very sweet and even though it was only his second day, he was very quick with asking others our questions and right on the ball.The building was cool, loved the old wooden Colorado signs and it has a great view. Sit inside or outside. I will go again!

Thanks for making the trip up 8 Mile Hill, Tracy! We're open through Labor Day weekend and perhaps a little beyond, so we hope to see you visit us again before the summer season ends. Thanks!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Today was our second visit for Taco Tuesday. We brought our aunt and uncle this time. We all had the fish tacos and the sweet cornbread!! Everyone agreed we LOVED the food and atmosphere. They have a great selection of beers. We were so lucky to get Katie a second time, she is a very professional server with a great personality!! We look forward to next week!!

Everyone loves Taco Tuesday! Thanks for making it your weekly routine and we'll be seeing you, I'm guessing, on Tuesday?