Review Highlights

Reviewed August 21, 2018
Marcia R
Broomfield, Colorado
via mobile

All reviews day trip royal gorge big horn sheep canyon water shoes white water rafting second half great trip low water full day rafting great guide bachelor party great job wet suits other companies first timers the entire staff colorado vacation
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

My family had so much fun, my husband and the older boys went on the full day rafting and I took the 8 and 11 year old on the train.... there were kids and older people in line for the half day. Next time I am taking the younger boys I really think they would have enjoyed it. My husband and 3 older boys loved it, should have sent a pocket sized sunscreen it wore off and they burned.. but so much fun... pics were taken on the train by os

Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

My honey and I have never rafted before but decided it was time for us to try this, We were planning a Royal Gorge holiday and decided to add this to our itinerary. I booked through River Runners online as “ beginners.” When we arrived, we were welcomed and given the gear we would need for the adventure. We were bussed to the river and divided into groups by rafting experience. We were joined by a family of four who had never rafted. Our guide, Justin, was terrific! He taught us how to paddle and was very patient with us “newbies.” We had a great trip down the river that was both fun and exciting! We can’t wait to go again!

Reviewed August 12, 2018

We have used River Runners in three different locations and they are always very professional and fun. The guides have extensive training which was apparent as we watched other company’s rafts flip and get stuck as we made it down the river safely with our guide Rafael. We had a blast and the Royal Gorge is amazing! I will always use River Runners.

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited river runners today to buy T-shirts for our grandchildren. We walked around looking at the T-shirts for at least 10-15 minutes. There were two females behind the counter and a male who walked from the back of the store and no one asked if they could assist us. No greeting when we came in, no “can I help you” no acknowledgment at any time. Prior to leaving I intentionally went to the display case to look at their T-shirts and caps. Neither female behind the counter acknowledged me at all. We wanted to buy several shirts but we refuse spend any money in an establishment who treats customers in this fashion. I think the owner or manager should hire employees with better social
skills and manners.

ColoradoRiverRunners, General Manager at River Runners at the Royal Gorge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Donna,

Thanks for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear you were disappointed with your experience. This is definitely not the standard of service our customers have come to expect. It is our policy to have the staff greet guests and to be friendly and helpful. We are sorry they did not deliver for you. Your comments have been brought to the attention of these staff members who are not eligible for rehire. A vast majority of our staff are great and we do try to hire employees with excellent social skills and manners. Thanks again for taking the time to let us know how we can improve.

Kind Regards,

Travis

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

We recently did the Royal Gorge rafting tour through River Runners. It was amazing. I was a little nervous because of the class 3-5 rapids but our guides Erin and Derek were awesome. Even when a thunderstorm came blowing through during the toughest part they stayed calm and led us through it with no problems. I would definitely use them again and ask for Erin again. She definitely knows how to navigate the river safely.
Shana

Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

We did the half day River Rafting. It was my families first time rafting. We did the levels 1-4. This was a fun experience for my family. We were hesitant at first but after a bit we all ended up enjoying the rest of the rafting. We enjoyed our guide. The staff were very kind and fun to be around. The scenery was wonderful. You get a great veiw of the mountains. We all had a great experience. I would recommend others to go Rafting here!

Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

I was TERRIFIED to go on this raft when we got to the meeting spot. I went anyway and I don’t regret it one bit! I’m 51 and have a bad back. I was afraid I would fracture a disk if I was hurtled around a raft lol NOPE! The guide was amazing at keeping us in the raft and away from the rocks! DERRICK the guide grabbed my jacket twice to keep me from falling out! It’s scary, but you’ll love it! The scenery is breathtaking and going under the Royal Gorge Bridge is surreal! Wonderful assortment of T-shirts and hoodies. Clean area with a changing room and you’re provided with ice cold water before and after. Don’t forget your water bottle for the trip :) just do it!

Reviewed July 5, 2018

We rode Bighorn Sheep Cannon and it was so much fun!!! Thank you, Heather!! Heather was a great guide. This was my first trip White water rafting and Heather explained all the safety procedures in the bus on our way to the river, especially since she knew it was my first time. The photographer took some excellent pictures of us that we bought when we got back. Very professional group of people!

Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

We booked the half day ride and had a fantastic ride with Dillon and Mickey. We had a group of 10 family members and Dillon and Mickey did an awesome job of piloting our rafts. We had a blast and they were very competent and explained everything to us. Would recommend both of them as a guide and river runners as your company to raft with.

Reviewed June 26, 2018

We did a half-day rafting tour on the Royal Gorge, and it was amazing! I was a little apprehensive first, since it was a Level 4-5 category trip. (We had been rafting before and barely reached a level 3.)

But the staff is amazing. They guide you through every detail of the trip. And the scenery was stunning! We even saw mountain goats coming down for a drink. You don't have to bring a thing except your swimsuit, sunscreen and camera.

Will definitely use River Runners again!