“Great rates for large groups!”

River Runners at the Royal Gorge
More attraction details
Owner description: Raft with River Runners - the whitewater professionals since 1972. Providing fully guided whitewater rafting trips on the Arkansas River. Raft the Royal Gorge or Bighorn Sheep Canyon near Canon City, Colorado at the Royal Gorge. Open daily May - Labor Day.
Carl Junction
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great rates for large groups!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had a group of 27 Girl Scouts and parents. Great service. Great trip. Great guides (Eric, John, Luke, dean). Great entertainment in & out of the boat! Even got to see big horn sheep! We would definitely go back! Shout out to Eric for teaching us "contact". *whistle* "SWIMMER!"

Salina, Kansas
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“So Fun”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We did the all day Royal Gorge trip and it was great. The rapids were fun and we got to see some wildlife. It is a scenic trip and our guide Justin answered all kinds of questions as well as shared history. Jumping off a cliff into the Arkansas river was a highlight.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
“Outstanding”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We did the Royal Gorge 1/2 day afternoon trip, and it was awesome! The scenery is incredible and the rapids did not disappoint. Our guide, Justin, was great. Very cool and easy going, also knowledgable and made it very easy for us to feel comfortable (though it was our first time rafting). The equipment seemed nicer than other companies we saw on the river; everything was on time, and all staff was friendly. We won't consider using another company.

Vicenza, Italy
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Guide was great, office staff was not”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Our guide was Dale and he was GREAT. We were on the fun boat, Dale put his special spin on things to make it fun for us. We were on a boat full of adults with a tween so we were able to add a little adventure to the "family" trip.

I would give River Runners 5 stars but I had two issues with the company. First, the liability waiver releases the company of any liability due to negligence of your guide. WHAT?!?!? I have never heard of anything like this before. I was expecting to sign a waiver that states you could drown, be killed, etc but how can you release the company for any liability due to thier own negligence. After reading the waiver we decided to change our trip from the adventure tour to the family tour before taking the risk. We are all experienced swimmers so we decided that the family tour would help a gauge the true risk of the adventure tour. The family Big Horn Canyon Tour is cheaper than the Adventure Royal Gorge tour. We explained why we were changing the tour and were still told that we could not get a refund on the difference. This kind of annoyed me. If we had decided that we didn't want to do the tour at all because of the liability release, would we have been forced to choose between taking the risk or not receiving a refund?

Also, the office staff is extremely rude. This surprises me because from what I can tell ALL of the guides were friendly. When we walked in to sign in, we were completely ignored. They instead helped the family behind us. I am not sure if this is because they had more people in thier group but we paid just like they did so I don't expect to be treated any different. I attempted to purchase some bottled water and again was ignored even though nobody else was in the office. I actually had to ask a group of three ladies behind the desk if I could check out and they all stood their looking confused as though they didn't want to help me. At the end of the trip you have an option to buy a CD with one picture for $25 or all the pictures for $50. They did not put our boats pictures on the large screen so we could make our decision. When I asked if they could put our pictures on the screen I was told, "they should be in the rotation". I told the young lady that I had been standing there for 10 minutes and our raft had not came up yet. She pulled our pictures up then decided that it was appropriate to use that computer to make a CD for another family so a dialoge box was in the ceter of the screen the whole time. I have no idea why she did this as there was no dialoge box present for the 10 minutes I had been watching the screen before that.

If I could rate our guide only, I would give River Runners a 5 star rating. If I could rate the office staff only, I would give River Runners a 1 star rating. To be honest, I will probably go on another trip with River Runners as long as we can get Dale as our guide because he was THAT good. I just wish the office staffs customer service was in line with the guides quality of customer service, they are the first impression of the company.

1 Thank DCoe33364
Houston, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Really fun!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The two of us joined up w a family of three and guide Justin. We had a thoroughly enjoyed the trip. Great views. Fun rapids. We had a bit of headwinds toward the end so we volunteered to row a bit now and then for the fun of it (and to help out Justin who never even asked us to pitch in when he should have). Justin also suggested the Skyline Drive on the way back. So glad we took his recommendation. Fun and beautiful short drive. Do not miss this rafting trip or the drive.