“Excellent Adventure”

Whitewater Adventure Outfitters
More attraction details
Owner description: Exciting Raft Trips in the Royal Gorge. Family Fun rafting in Bighorn Sheep Canyon. Located one mile west of Canon City, Colorado. Only one hour from Colorado Springs. Our professional, experienced guides are committed to Safety and Excellence. Our 20th year! Great Deals- Great Guides- Great Fun!
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My wife and two sons did the "Splash & Dash" on 7/31. Bryan was our guide and an outstanding job of balancing safety with fun. It was our first time rafting, so I think he took it easy on us at first. As we grew more comforable and confident, he had us bouncing off rocks, swimming and even purposly traped the boat, filling the front end with water. It was really fun, but we never felt out of control. Bryan explained that they mostly use "oar boats" which means the guides do most of the paddling with big oars. This is the way to go! My wife and I paddled a little, but mostly we could just enjoy the ride. My only real beef was the cost of their pictures. They take pictures of your party rafting along the way. I have no problem with them making a good profit, but $32 for one picture seemed a bit excessive to me. You expect that kind of gouging at amusment parks and tourist traps, but I wasn't expecting it here. That's why I took off one star. Otherwise, it was a great time and Bryan was a perfect guide!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Went rafting on 7/25/12 with WAO. Even though the water flows were low we had a great time. Our guide was great (name started with an E). We did get to see some Bighorn sheep. We did have a good conversation about what the river would really be like when the flows are high and the challenges of the river.

Great time for everyone.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We had 7 adults and 7 kids (age 5-12). We divided among 3 rafts for the morning trip. My raft guide was Brian. He was friendly and engaging, without intruding on family conversations. The kids were also able to take turns as paddlers. When asked their best memory of our trip, White was rafting was the best! As an added bonus, Monday mornings kids are half off.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

This rafting company is run by experienced, friendly and well-trained staff. Our family spent the day on the river with this great group of people and we were thrilled with our trip. They are fun, professional and enthusiastic about making sure your rafting experience is 2nd to none. We took the full day Royal Gorge trip and weren't disappointed at all. Excellent guides, great lunch, fun short swims and excellent guiding made this the experience of a lifetime. We will be back!!!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Be a tourist in your own state! We're from Co Springs and have wanted to raft down the Arkansas River for almost 5 years. After having a double mastectomy and 6 treatments of chemo...I was worried I couldn't contribute to paddling through the white water. Not the case, with an awesome guide, Roscoe....our team (friends) were placed in the boat evenly to have an great ride down the river, twice! (20 miles, total) We opted for the "back to back"....rafting 10 miles, then lunch and rafting the same 10 mile stretch in the afternoon. We were so much more in sync and more confident by the afternoon...we took the rapids like champs.
Go with this Company....they've got it all together like a well oiled machine. All of the guides have personality and experience. Roscoe happens to be our favorite, knowledgable and FUN! We are planning another trip and will ALWAYS request him....
Book your trip now...the Arkansas is the best place to spend the day in this hot weather. And the best way to experience the Royal Gorge.