“Simply Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Badger Creek Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canon City
Badger Creek Ranch
DeLand, Fl.
“Simply Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I just spent a week at Badger Creek Ranch. I was a bit skeptical of all of the 5 star reviews, really how could anywhere be that perfect. I will tell you that owners Sue and Eric deserve every one of those stars and more.
You wake up every morning to big skies, beautiful animals, wonderful food and Eric to take you on a morning full of amazing views. You come back from your ride, eat another wonderful meal and then do whatever you want to do. Rock hound, pan for gold, drive into one of the many little towns, nap...whatever you want and all completely your choice. Every evening there is another great meal and conversation. We had a fire a couple of the nights, went walking, watched TV, hung out with the barn cat on the porch(what a lover he is!)as well as Blue and Sammie their 2 dogs, once again your choice. A very relaxing week filled with wonderful memories.
Sue and Eric are very special people and I know our lives are better for having met them and experienced their adventure of a cattle ranch in Colorado.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MaureenDeLand_Fl_
Sue727_11, Owner at Badger Creek Ranch, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your really great review! We have been so lucky this year to have such wonderful guests like you guys. It was a pleasure to have you hear and miss our pre dinner visits around the campfire! Hope you will consider coming back some day soon, we would love it!!
Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Harvard, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Sue and Eric are the most gracious people that I have ever met. They made are vacation the most memorable trip yet and the views are second to none. Sue is an excellent cook and I tried and loved-foods that I would have never thought I would.
Please take time and go to this ranch and enjoy life the way it is meant to be and enjoy their hospitality and down home goodness. I would love to give this more than a 5 star but that is the highest it goes so with this said my wife and myself say keep up the great job!!
Steve & Sandy Ogden

Room Tip: Dress in layers!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve O
Sue727_11, Owner at Badger Creek Ranch, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Hey Steve,
Thank you so much for great review! We had a lot of fun with you both. We hope that you may one day decide to return because we enjoy having guests who are fun to have around and who enjoy the scenery like us!!! Earl and Indy send their best. Thanks again.
Sue
Poughquag, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our daughter is a horse lover & really wanted to go to a ranch for her 16th birthday, which was July 4th. We read all the wonderful reviews on TripAdvisor for BC & decided to just go for it...and we were so incredibly glad we did! The hosts, Sue & Eric were warm & treated us like old friends. The cabin was comfortable & homey...perfect for a family stay.

Every morning started with an amazing breakfast and a couple hour horseback ride. My husband, son (13) & I don't ride, but Eric & his wrangler Moriah were so patient, esp with Nervous Nelly me! We had a lot of laughs! The scenery was breathtaking...I felt like I was on a movie set, honestly! It is just incredible! Then we would ride back for a fabulous lunch (even my picky eater daughter loved Sue's cooking!) & have the afternoon to do whatever we wanted. We hiked around the creek(beautiful!), panned for gold, looked for Indian artifacts, relaxed with dogs on the porch and read, played games...One afternoon we drove over the mountain (1/2 drive?) to Salida for ice cream. It is a cute artsy town with shops, a great park, etc.

Then for my daughter's bday, Sue & Eric had their friend (we loved him...he was hysterical!) come with his Draft horses which he hooked up to a wagon and we all had a fantastic wagon ride through the fields. He even let my daughter Drive the wagon (her first time driving she likes to say!) She even rode too fast over a rock & got her "first flat tire." And did I mention it was pouring rain for like 15min?? Once again, so many laughs! BUT then we saw a rainbow...how magical!! Then we all went back to the house for a delicious bday cake that Sue made. We were just so appreciative of the effort Sue & Eric made to make it a special, forever memorable day for my daughter.

If you are looking for a wonderful family vacation, BC is a perfect choice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Julie R
Sue727_11, Owner at Badger Creek Ranch, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Julie,
Thanks for those kind words. Eric and I enjoyed having your family around. It was so nice that you chose us to celebrate your daughters 16th here. Her first driving experience was definitely a memory we will keep, and talk about for years. She has become one of the BCR guests best stories!!
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

What an experience! Would we do it again? No question about it - YES! Knowing that we were headed to a cattle ranch we thought it may not be as relaxing as a typical vacation, but it was! Ranch owners Eric and Sue are amazing and treat you like royalty! They never forget that you are on vacation. The riding was magnificent, the cattle beautiful, along with the breath-taking views! The accommodations were neat and clean, the food outstanding. A vacation we will never forget!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Angela W
Sue727_11, Owner at Badger Creek Ranch, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Angela,

It was pleasure having you guys here with us. Thank you so much for your review. Thanks also for bringing our much needed rain and sharing all your expertise with us. You were very generous and great guests!!!!
Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Maybe you won’t go here to become a Cowboy, but odds are high you’re going to feel like one at Badger Creek Ranch. It’s in the middle of nowhere; there is way more wildlife than humans. You’ll ride through the open range of grassland, mountains and forests. You’ll go out to the cattle that are scattered over the ranch. Do they look healthy? Are all cattle on board? Do they moo? Yes, they do – and you won’t hear much more.
Enjoy the silence, and every now and then Eric’s going to tell you tales about the place you cross or see, which won’t be just places anymore, it will be “The mountain where….”, or “The rock that looks like…”
Slow down. If you want to be alone but not lonely, relax on the red couch in the middle of the bunkhouse’s porch. Sammy, a dog, will quietly join you just seconds later. And the same couch on the same porch is an ideal spot to watch the stars at night and listen to the yowling of the coyotes.
Though, when you’re back home and you think you became a cowboy – forget about it, ‘cause a real cowboy, does he sleep till eight in the morning, does he jump on already saddled horses, does he have the comfort of such delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner as those Sue prepares – every day? That’s not a real cowboy life, that’s a dream – but those are parts of the ingredients for a great vacation, where dreams come true for a limited time.
We’ve been there in late June 2013 for three days and as many other reviews already mention – that’s quite short. But even if you have only three days on hand, it’s still absolutely worth it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Grobmotoriker_NJ
Sue727_11, Owner at Badger Creek Ranch, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Grobmotoriker,

Now, after a review like that I truly expect to see you as our ranch neighbors soon. Thank you so much! Thanks for sharing your amazing photos with us too! I think they are some of the best photos of the ranch I have seen. We hope that you may consider a return visit before you return home. Great to hear from you. Bis Bald.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Ranch owners Sue and Eric were FABULOUS and perfect hosts! They filled our bellies with delicious food and our hearts with Colorado's beauty. We are horse owners who came to Colorado looking for a very different equestrian experience. First and foremost we were very impressed with the quality of Badger Creek's horses, tack and facility. Again, their horses were very well cared for and seemed to really enjoy their jobs on the ranch. We found the remote location to be peaceful and very relaxing. Highly recommend to anyone wanting a smaller, more personal vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sue727_11, Owner at Badger Creek Ranch, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
It was a great experience having you guys here. Truly enjoyed trading horse tales. I know Eric enjoyed riding with you and thanks for being so good to the horses. Hope to come visit you when you open that B&B with those world famous blueberry muffins....Thanks again!
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I went to Badger Creek Ranch for the second time this year (I have already been there last year) for two weeks. And one thing is for sure: I will go there again. It is such a great place and Sue and Eric make it perfect. I always felt warmy welcome and it was never a problem at all, that I travelled there alone.
The bunk house has two very nice guest rooms. Each room has it's own bathroom and two king size bad. The rooms also include a lot of nice western details. The porch is a great place to relax in the afternoons or take a nap.
In the mornings we usually went for rides and saw a lot of great spots and amazing wildlife (we saw a bear one day!). You also can take part in real ranch life by checking cattle or even moving cows. And all in a beautiful countryside. Eric does a great job leading the rides and explaining a lot about the history and some interesting places.
The horses are also great. During my stay I rode everyone of them and I still can't decide which one I like best. For beginners there is a horse named Gus who is always takes care of his rider and has such a lovely character.
If you want to go off the ranch you can go to the creek nearby or drive off to ghost towns, hot spings, or go for hikes or mountain bike tours. It is a great place to pefectly relax and to have some adventure at the same time :).
This year we did a lot of roping, trying to catch a (wood) cow. This was so much fun!
And the food is fantastic. Sue is a great cook, I have never eaten so many good things. I still miss banana cream pie and all the other great things.
My two weeks went by too fast, I was really upset to leave. I had such a great and enjoyable time and so much fun. For me the best place to spend my summer holidays.
I really look forward to my next trip meeting Sue and Eric at Badger Creek Ranch again.
Angela from Germany

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Sue727_11, Owner at Badger Creek Ranch, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Angela, you are too kind. Thanks so much for all the great comments. Getting your email that you wanted to return this year for 2 weeks was the highlight of a winter day. You are the kind of guest that makes this life so much fun. Keep in touch and we hope to see you again!