“A really fun day!”

and up
Royal Gorge Half-Day Rafting Trip
Ranked #4 of 31 things to do in Canon City
More attraction details
Owner description: A suspension bridge 956 feet high.
Spring, Texas
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“A really fun day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I knew that we had to see the Royal Gorge on a recent visit to Colorado. It definately did not disappoint. The an awesome experience!! We got some of the most beautiful pictures ever and thoroughly enjoyed our day here. Walking the grounds and seeing all of the animals, the wild West exhibit. We don't have small children but the attraction are definately a family with kids would enjoy as well.

Visited June 2013
RGBridge, Manager at Royal Gorge Bridge and Park, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
I appreciate your review! Thanks for taking the time. So glad to hear you and your husband enjoyed your trip to the Royal Gorge Bridge & Park. It has always been the intention of our company to create the kinds of memories you were able to take with you - whether you have children or not, this park is for everyone. Our future plans following the fire this past year still encompass those values. We want to see everyone in the park smiling and enjoying their time.

Thank you again. We'd love to see you visit after we are open again.

• Polish first
  • Thai first
Cleveland, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“We went again and again, and loved it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I were working in the area during 2010 and 2011. We went numerous times to the Royal Gorge Park, and always had a great time. I am deeply saddened by the tragic fire of summer 2013, and was a basket case watching the fire updates on T.V. But I know those plucky folks there will find a way to put it all back together again so that future generations can enjoy a day at the Royal Gorge Park.

There is an admission fee, but imagine what it costs to keep a place like this going! I have paid much more, and gotten much less enjoyment that I did at the Royal Gorge Park, and have certainly spent my money on dumber, less enjoyable things. We brought visitors there over and over again. I never got tired of it. In fact, each visit was more fun than the last because seeing the spectacle through our guest's eyes was such a joy.

We always rode the tram (incredible!) the incline railway, (really cool!) and of course we rode the carousel, which was fun, and had animals of all kinds, not just horses. It is important to remember that this is NOT an amusement park.

I am sure that the "right" developer could come in here now, after the fire, and put up all those stale food chains we have come to know and love, you know, the ones you see on every corner. And perhaps bring in some really awesome attractions that are designed to draw big crowds and big bucks. But I personally am hoping that won't happen. The Royal Gorge Park had a gentle pace and a kind of personalized charm that you just don't see any more in this commercialized society. Some might call it gimmicky, but I called it fun and charming. And you won't see a better view anywhere.

The view is amazing. Just amazing. Walking across the bridge alone is, in my opinion, worth the cost of admission. The attractions were small scale compared to many venues today, but there was a quaintness about it, a wholesomeness that you just don't see anymore.

We will be going back to CO soon, and I am hoping we can make time to see what is left of the park, and pay our respects to any of the remaining folks that make the Royal Gorge Park such a special place.

Visited December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your perspectives on the gorge. I don't know if we could have said it better, but to know our guests walk away with this view is amazing. This is why we do what we do.

The fires were devastating, but we are looking forward to moving on and building an even better park than before.

We have gotten final approval to move forward with the rebuild (phase 1) and are anticipating being open by summer 2014. We would love to have you back. It will be a new park but the same amazing experience and views.
Black Hawk, Colorado
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Gorgeous and Sad at the same time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

For those who go off the beaten path and find their way in to The Royal Gorge Park and Campground, you'll find the eerie remnants of the fire from this past June. It is spooky, but kind of cool at the same time. THEN, get back in the car and head up towards the bridge. It is closed for repairs. You CAN drive through the park and get some good pics!

Visited September 2013
RGBridge, Manager at Royal Gorge Bridge and Park, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Good morning! Thanks for sharing your information. The fire has left its print on our community and in a way it is beautiful.

Guests are able to get into the area and can see the bridge and gorge but are a short distance from the bridge as no traffic is allowed into the immediate park surrounding the bridge. The public picnic area just outside the park offers some amazing views and we hope visitors visit the area.

So glad you visited the area and posted your views! Thanks again!
Marlton, New Jersey
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“GORGEOUS ! A MUST SEE ATTRACTION !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I absolutely love visiting here! I have family in the area so that is what lead us to this beautiful attraction! There is so much to do and see. I am not a thrill enthusist so the zip-lining, bungee is not for me but it's great to watch others do it! I love the train and the bridge walk. My son loved it -- no matter how many times we go -- we never grow tired of the beauty of the gorge! Take the train or the elevator down into the gorge - you won't regret it !!

Visited April 2013
RGBridge, Manager at Royal Gorge Bridge and Park, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you! It's great to hear from our guests and we love that you enjoy your visits. Granted the park will be different next year, it will still offer the same scenery and thrills - something for everyone. We can't wait for you to visit then!
Plattsburg, MO
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We took the train ride tru the Canyon riding in the dome car. We enjoyed it very much but had three grandkids with us and they found it rather boring since they would rather be doing things. The outside car was the best on the train ride. We did drive up to see the damage the fires had done and it was so devestating.

Visited August 2013
Thank you for your review of the train ride. It is a great train ride and way to view the spectacular scenery. We would have loved for you to visit the Royal Gorge Bridge & Park. The fire damage is devastating; however, by next season we'll be back open and ready to go again. Hope to see you then!