“Spectacular”

$129.00*
Royal Gorge Full-Day Rafting Trip
Ranked #4 of 32 things to do in Canon City
More attraction details
Owner description: A suspension bridge 956 feet high.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was one of my favorite places to visit while on my trip in Colorado. It was amazing to walk across the bridge. Definitely will go again when park is restored. Loved every minute of it and faced my fears by driving across lol. Lots of things to do while at the park.

RGBridge, Manager at Royal Gorge Bridge and Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for your post. We love that you loved your visit and can't wait for you to see the new park next year! It's going to be an exciting time for all of us!

See you next year!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,580)

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My parents took our family there when I was 5 and I have visited many time since. It made a big impression on this little kid.

I love hearing stories like this! To know you've been coming for so many decades speaks to the spectacular beauty the gorge is.

Thank you for this post! It made my day.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Our favorite vacation stop! Although the park and bridge were closed during our visit due to wildfires the year before they did allow cars to drive back into the park area for awesome views of the gorge. You get a great view of the bridge in the distance. If you are brave you can walk out to the "edge" of the gorge and see the river below for a spectacular view. CAUTION: those with small children or children who are not obedient need to use extreme caution as there are no safety rails or man-made lookout areas. Located very near the Royal Gorge Rafting and Zipline business.

Hello! Thank you for your review. We love hearing that we are a favorite vacation spot. The wildfire that swept through the park on June 11, 2013 did shut us down for this season; however, we are in the process of cleaning up and rebuilding so we can be open for the 2014 season. The area in which guests are allowed are outside the park area in a city picnic area. The views are amazing and I appreciate your caution to parents to their children as this is a rugged area.

We hope to see you next year!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The main attraction for this was the bridge crossing the gorge. you have the option of walking or driving across it, and with my fear of heights, I found it a little nerve-wracking when vehicles would cross while I was on it.

The park seemed to be in a "slow" phase, as a lot of other features were closed at the time. The only other attraction I took was a rail car that took you to the bottom of the gorge.

RGBridge, Manager at Royal Gorge Bridge and Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Hello! Thank you for posting a review following your trip to the Royal Gorge Bridge & Park. The bridge is a breathtaking feature in which you can feel like you're walking across the sky. For those with a fear of heights, it can be daunting, but there is no other view like it. April does tend to be a bit slower as Spring Break is over and Summer Break hasn't quite started. Our full park operations haven't all begun operating, but it can be a very nice month to visit.

We are happy you were able to visit and hope you'll come back again. We will have a brand new park next year!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We spent an incredible evening on the train that runs through the Gorge. We had wanted to go to the park, but unfortunately there was a fire that destroyed the park. The only thing that was left really was the bridge. How sad!! The train ride was very romantic & the staff onboard went over & beyond to make sure our trip was enjoyable. We ate, which was so so, but I am glad we got to be in the dinner car, with the windows that were a little higher. We had great seats! There was even a bear sighting which is rare apparently.

RGBridge, Manager at Royal Gorge Bridge and Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

We here at the Bridge & Park would have loved for you to experience our attraction and we will be open next year as we are rebuilding so hope you will be able to visit then.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your train ride. It really is a great way to see the gorge and I'm glad to hear the staff was awesome! It's a great attraction.

We would love to have you visit us when we are reopen next year.