“Slow service and high prices”

Whitewater Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 82 Restaurants in Canon City
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We recently visited this establishment on a Sunday afternoon. There were 12 of us seated outside. I first have to say that I enjoy the outside seating, and the play area for kids. Beyond that I cannot say too much positive. We ordered our drinks and then lunch. Our drinks were delivered, all but one, and then the 1 appetizer we ordered. we were left completely alone after that. We waited about 40 minutes before my husband checked on the food...and we hadn't go refills on drinks either. The waitress claimed 'it was just done" and brought our food right out, -3 entrees. She said she would bring us pitchers of water and tea (which I find lazy), but she actually never did. She said she hadn't forgotten the rest of the meals, but after we were all done and the other three still hadn't come we asked for the manager. She brought us water and tea and offered us chips and salsa?!?! We were all done and told her that our friends just needed their food, we were done! about 15 minutes later their food was still not done. We told them we had to go, but then two of the three orders came. The waitress admitted she had forgotten to key them in. The last meal was delivered after we payed and in a to go box :( The waitress paid for the three meals (which I would think the owner would have taken care of. She actually ignored all that went on. No apology or anything) that were forgotten. We received a tiny 20% discount. The bill was still over $100 dollars and we only ordered 4 ice teas, no other drinks. The food is way overpriced and the service is slow.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

After the morning spent on the Zip Line Tour we stopped in at the Whitewater Bar and Grill and enjoyed a fantastic lunch that really filled us up good! The Service was great, our waitress Taylor took care of us and the food was amazing! Great portion sizes, some of the youth couldn't finish so we passed it around and it was awesome! Awesome Atmosphere perfect for the mountains of Colorado with plenty of TV's for watching games and drinks to quench your thirst!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Great bartenders. Our crew had a celebratory beer and whiskey shot after our rafting trip and enjoyed seeing our pics. Thanks!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My friends and I had lunch here in between our zip line tours at Royal Gorge Zip Line. The brisket and the baked beans had been recommended by a local store owner, so we took his suggestion. Our lunches came out quickly, and it was a huge sandwich and a good size side of beans with brisket on top. The meat was tender and tasty. Our server Danielle was friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. The inside has several TV screens to watch your favorite sporting event or check out the slideshow of the rafters and zip liners. I found the bathroom to be clean and stocked. The place has a huge back area with volleyball, tetherball, a swingset and a few other things to do. Will eat here the next time we are in the area.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stopped at the Whitewater Bar & Grill in between zip line trips with Royal Gorge Zip Line tours. We were on a strict timeline for our 2nd trip, but the WWB&G did a fantastic job serving us great sandwiches. My wife had the BLT that was sooo good, she didn't miss the mayo served on the side. I had a patty melt that was served on grilled sourdough bread that I swear was just baked. I think the surprise is their baked beans that should have their own food group! Definitely going back for more next trip.

1  Thank Greg J