Prospectors RV Resort
Best Western Canon City(Canon City)(Great Value!)
$141
$117
Econo Lodge(Canon City)
$97
EconoLodge
Super 8 Canon City(Canon City)(Great Value!)
$80
$116
$110
$72
$70
$115
Holiday Motel(Canon City)(Great Value!)
$75
Travel Inn Motel(Canon City)(Great Value!)
$65
Parkview Inn Motel(Canon City)(Great Value!)
$80
Orbitz.com
Colorado Inn(Canon City)(Great Value!)
$65
Agoda.com
All reviewsjump pillowhot tubgreat cabinrv resortbunk bedstop bunkenjoyed our staynice poolbounceplaygroundcampingsitesofficeloftpadlinens
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Went to this resort with high hopes last year with my family and was a little surprised of my experience. Extremely unfriendly staff, the owner seems to have a bit of a alcohol/anger problem, guess that is a perk of having a liquor store on site. The wife also seems very demeaning and rude. Seems like more of a "resort" for the workers. Otherwise its a beautiful area but the negativity kind of ruins the family aspect.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank miketpsm
ProspectorsRVResort, Front Office Manager at Prospectors RV Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear miketpsm,
I am sorry to hear about your poor experience at our campground. I would like to inform you that Prospectors RV Resort is under new management, as of May 22nd, 2014, and we are doing everything in our power to "bring the family fun" back, and get things spruced up. We are a completely new organization that bought out the old owners, and are looking forward to possibly showing you a better experience, if you take the time to come again.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The campground looked nothing like the pictures. The weeds were horrible, they had come around with a weed eater and cut down the weeds but did not pick them up (way overgrown) and there were a lot of stickers. My son and daughter-in-law had to pull weeds when they got to their site and then a woman came around with a weed eater and cut more down. The campsite was not clean and there was a lot of dirt on the concrete pad at the site which I tried to sweep as best I could. I did quite a bit of walking with my dog through the park and found abandoned campers with windows broken out and what appeared to be permanent residents with pretty rough looking sites. The disc golf was overgrown with weeds and stickers, I found the horseshoe pit but could barley see it through the overgrown weeds. The showers were dirty, the water would not drain properly, the shower curtains were horrible and the fan did not work. I wanted to use the pool but there was a large dirty ring around it. This could be a really nice campground with more effort and maybe some part time help on the grounds. I think this needs some TLC. Not one of my best experiences.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank gmagpax16

Dear gmagpax16,
We are so very sorry to hear about the previous bad conditions of our park! I would like to inform you that Prospectors is under new ownership as of 5/22/14, and we have raised the standards quite a bit. We now have staff staying on-site, and have spent the last month trying to bring things up to par. Our weeds are cut, our bathrooms are clean, our pool has NO ring, and we are in the process of addressing some of the other issues that you have mentioned. We are looking forward to our Grand Opening in the spring of 2015, and hope you can find the time to give us another try, next time you are in the Royal Gorge area.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We arrived in Canon City knowing we needed to find a place to stay. We stopped at one camping resort and when they didn't have what we needed, one of the places they referred us to was Prospectors. We stopped at the Prospectors and they had what we needed available for the time we needed, which was nice as they seemed fairly busy. They let us look at the cabin before we decided to stay. We bought some groceries from their market and they were out of buns to match the hot dogs, but took the time to get some for us from another location on their property right then. They helped to carry our things to the cabin as we were needing a bit of assistance. They gave us recommendations on family activities and restaurants and information about the area. Our kids enjoyed the jump pillow, water pad and pool. They seemed very willing to accommodate us and help us with any needs. We would go back.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tess S

Dear Tess S,
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at Prospectors RV Resort, and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed in the RV park, close to attractions, good rates. Owners were friendly and helpful. Also great relationships (therefore discounts) with other attractions for staying with them. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KJohnson5280

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay, and were able to take advantage of what the Royal Gorge has to offer.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed in cabin #9 this past weekend and my kids did not want to leave! They loved the pool, jump pillow, splash pad and game room. The property was very clean and the cabin had everything we needed. The people working the front desk who I think were the owners were very friendly and helpful. They were able to direct us to activities around town and close by but my kids were just happy hanging out at the resort. We have already decided to come back in September for their Halloween weekend.

I will definitely be recommended this spot to all my friends with kids!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank vnagel

Thanks so much for your positive words about our campground. We look forward to having you come back to stay!