“Great birthday destination”

Serenity Springs Wildlife Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Opened in 1993, Serenity Springs Wildlife Center is home to over 120 big cats, including lions, tigers, cougars, leopards, genets, servals, caracals, coatimundi, bears and even Ligers! We are the largest federal and state licensed placement facility in Colorado.Over the years, with dedication and determination we've become Colorado's premiere big cat facility. We are proud to be the only facility in the state, including government funded zoological parks, to qualify for and be granted, a State of Colorado Zoological License.It is with joy that we provide care and love to the exotic cats in our care. See all of the opportunities you have to spend time with these majestic animals.
Reviewed August 14, 2012

If you're looking for a unique way to spend a birthday or just looking for something to do, Serenity Springs is your only destination. The staff are welcoming and knowledgeable. The facilities are clean and the animals well taken care of. Larry the Cable guy even paid a visit last year! If you love big cats as much as I do, this tour is well worth the donation.

All reviews
"interact"
"feed"
"colorado"

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Close up and personal!! The staff is very helpful and you can tell they truely care about the animals! I took my 6 and 4 year olds to visit and they enjoyed every minute, even when they didn't move fast enough to avoid getting sprayed! We have been back to visit the new cub and take pictures with him, unbelievable!! Check the website for tour times and rules (no strollers, no running, etc) and call to make sure the weather out there is favorable. It's a fantastic family outing!!!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We took our two autistic boys to Serenity Springs and have been wanting to for a long time. It was well worth it, the boys loved the tour and it really helped their understanding of the tigers, and various other animals that need care day to day like they do. The staff was wonderful and as a mom with two autistic children it was a relief that they were hyper aware of safety. The finale was seeing the little bears running around and having fun in the water like they do. Our boys laughed so hard. The final finale was having our picture taken with the baby tiger, our boys were thrilled! It was a happy day! Thank you Serenity Springs, we will be back!!! God bless you all for all you do! PS. we aren't sure why we there are no bathrooms inside but it would be helpful especially with young kids or young kids with disabilities. Not sure how that would fit in to your budget or ability. A suggestion.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have driven from Denver to Serenity Springs on 2 occasions to tour their facility. Both times i have been there, i found it both amazing as educational. I would recommend to to any animal lovers, adventurous, or anyone seeking a bit of knowledge about lions, tigers or bears (oh my!). The staff is friendly, educated, and very helpful. As their website states that they are only open to public tours on select days, i do recommend making sure they are open before driving out (typical public tour days are on the weekends, 3 times a day). I give this facility 5 stars, and i will be back!!!!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I was thrilled to drive down to Serenity Springs during my Colorado vacation. We drove for hours from near Estes Park for the opportunity to see all the big cats and meet the tiger cubs. We paid to have our picture taken holding a tiger cub and the experience was worth every penny. If I didn't live so far away (Chicago), I'd visit regularly. The tour guides were amazing and we learned a lot about these beautiful animals. Call in advance to make sure they're open. We called several times to make sure they would be open because of potential rain. Make sure you bring your camera, too!