“Food is great but the price is high...”
Review of The Route Steakhouse - CLOSED

The Route Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Vidalia, Louisiana
“Food is great but the price is high...”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The pros: The atmosphere is nice. The food was really good. I ordered the petit filet with aspargus, cream sauce and crab meat. The steak was cooked perfectly and the sauce with crab meat was a perfect compliment. Overall, a really nice meal. The cons: The servers have to be prompted to refill drinks. The price for my meal was quite steep considering the location of the restaurant. Management might wish to reconsider the pricing. However, the parking lot always appears to be full so...they must be doing something right!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank liane69

Shawnee On Delaware
“They lie about hours”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I chose to stay in Burlington, Colorado on Sunday night because it seemed like the one town near the Kansas border that has a good restaurant. So I went to The Route website and confirmed they were open seven days a week until 9:00PM. I checked into my motel and went to The Route for dinner only to find "Closed Sundays" pasted on the door. A restaurant that can't even be accurate on its own web site has usually got lots of other problems.

• Visited May 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Good food”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

large portions, good value and great chef and service is friendly and fast. The food is really good.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Susan g
st. louis, mo area
“Pleasant surprise.”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Although it was a little pricey, the food was cooked to perfection. We both had steaks and they were excellent. The sides were OK, but the meat was the highlight.

• Visited January 2013
Georgia, USA
“Very Pleased”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We were staying in a local motel for the night and were very pleased that we didn't have to eat in a fast food restaurant. I had checked with Tripadvisor before arriving and was glad I did. My husband had a hamburger and sweet potto fries and both were done to perfection. I had shrimp 3 ways (sautéed, grilled and fried) which was a lovely presentation of about 18 shrimp, all delicious. It was a Thursday night so it wasn't crowded. We were seated immediately and the server was pleasant and attentive. I would return.

Visited September 2012