“The most dissapointing restaurant in Burlington”
Review of The Route Steakhouse - CLOSED

The Route Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The most dissapointing restaurant in Burlington”
Reviewed October 21, 2007

As a former regular of the Route Steakhouse or "The Route" as it is now called by the locals, I can say with a great deal of certainty that the last few visits to The Route have been truely dissapointing and rather hard on the wallet. For several years The Route in Burlington has been regarded as one of the best places in the area to eat and drink; but over the last few months it has truely declined. On our last 3 outings to the Route we have received steaks that have been well below average - for example I have ordered a small filet and have received a rather small fatty ribeye (at about a $8 difference in price: advantage the house). My husband has received freezer burned and under cooked product & never has the new management of the facility offered to correct the problem. Tonight was the last draw - once again they gave me the wrong cut of meat along with less than helpful help, but since Colorado has passed a new smoking law which outlaws indoor smoking, the staff members allow a few customers to step outside & keep the door open while those of us inside freeze (its a balmy 40 degrees outside). So I send this out in warning to those of you that are tempted to try The Route in the future. It is overpriced below par food with the atmosphere of a mud puddle.

1 Thank CoRockies

Colorado
“now named the Route--and it may not be your fancy!”
Reviewed October 7, 2007

Having relocated from the big city to Burlington, I was hopeful that this steakhouse might be something wonderful. Yes, the salad bar is good, but not overwhelming. Crab legs were prepared well. THe thing that happenned was I decided to order a shrimp burrito described to have cilantro in it. The burrito came with sour cream as described, so I asked about the cilantro and was told the green specs in the sour cream were cilantro. I explained that it should include fresh cilantro and talked to the manager, who did not offer me another entree or a refund.