“Believe the reviews!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Denny's
Ranked #18 of 22 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
UK
“Believe the reviews!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

Despite reading the reviews we decided to risk it as it was 2130 and there wasnt much other choice.

Turned up waited to be seated for at least 5 minutes. Got seated my a really miserable waitress who seemed pissed off that we had turned up - given ketchup smeared menus.

Sat there for around 15 to 20 mins (there were around 5 other tables with people at them) and there was no wait staff on the floor. Someone seemed to be fiddling around in the bar area but that was it.

We left and went to Burger King!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank PotentialVorticity

La Crosse, Kansas
“AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

What an awful restaurant!!! I, my husband, and our 2 year old daughter dropped into this horror show for lunch today on our way back from a ski trip. Even though it was lunchtime, we only saw two wait staff and one cook in the entire place---luckily, there were only a few customers. We had to wait to be seated, we had to wait 10 minutes to order and our food took over 30 minutes to arrive! By that time, my daughter was no longer hungry and I was extremely unhappy. My daughter's order was not correct anyway--they brought her a meal that she could not have eaten at her age and I promptly told them we did not want it and to take it back. The other two meals were cold and unappetizing by the time they were served. We immediately got ready to leave and had to wait for our ticket! By the time the cook came out to give us some weak apology for the terrible food and service, we were so angry we just wanted out of there and back on the road. I wish I would have read these reviews before we stopped---apparently, this restaurant has been terrible for quite a while. AVOID THIS PLACE--next time we go to Subway in Burlington, Colorado.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Valerie H
Kansas City, Missouri
“Denny's Surprise”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

It was the night before Thanksgiving, and all through the town -- the children were sleeping and....all the restaurants were closed. It was fairly late I guess (9:30ish) and truly, nearly everything was closed. So that left Dennys. Not too excited about the option, we ordered 4 carry out meals. Pleasantly, we received very nice service from the hostess, and enjoyed large portioned, warm, tasty meals. Proves you can't always judge the book (or in this case the restaurant) by its cover.

Visited November 2013
Aurora, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do NOT eat here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

I'll keep it simple: 1) horrible service, the worst I've ever seen. 2) ordered an appetizer, got it right before i left. 3) had to repeat my order like 100 times. 4) couldn't even get my check, had to ask for everything multiple times. Sarah, my waitress was unfriendly, inconsiderate and had a total lack of knowledge towards anything. 5) food was cold and the pancakes sucked. Bottom line, don't eat here.

• Visited November 2013
Lees Summit
“Terribly slow service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stopped here to eat on our way to Limon after 8 pm on a Friday night. The town isn't big and it's not exactly "hoppin'" We walked into Denny's and there was a couple that was standing there before us; so we waited, and waited and waited to get seated. A waitress finally came over to seat us, even though there were maybe 10 tables actually eating in the whole restaurant. And at least 5 waitresses that I saw. We finally got seated, and waited and waited and waited again. Finally a girl came by to get our drink order, said she was sorry about our wait, they had been soooo busy and she even called a waitress to come in. They had 10 tables in the whole restaurant! Not exactly packed, or even half full. Then she said she forgot her pen and walked away to find it. She never came back, finally someone else stopped by after another good 8 minutes. By now we've been waiting nearly 30 mins just to get seated and have our order taken. In our section alone there were only us and 3 other tables, two of which were eating. The 2nd waitress got our order taken and it was delivered fairly promptly. After we paid our bill at the register, there was our original waitress just sitting on the counter behind the register chatting with the cashier, not doing anything. The bathrooms were sick too, they're connected to a gas station, but apparently part of Denny's according to the signs. But they were disgusting, toilet paper all over the place as well as other bodily fluids. Run don't walk away from this joint.

• Visited October 2013