“Amazing Steaks!!!”

Spices On The Green
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are serving Dinner on Tuesday thru Saturday, 5 pm to 9 Pm . we take pride in our hand cut in house aged premium beef, we also serve a full all American Menu, full salad bar, fish , chicken and Pasta. we have a full service bar with over 30 verities of beer and 80 different flavor spirits and also extensive wine list for your enjoyment.
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This restaurant hands down has the best steaks! I always stop here on my travels in and out of Colorado knowing I will not be let down. Steak is perfectly seasoned and grilled to perfection. Service is notoriously on point and when I get my bill I'm glad to pay it with nothing over priced. i will continue to come here as always and I can't wait for my next visit! Wish I could have the cool as my personal chef!! Thanks

2  Thank TheGreatTraveler2005

Reviewed July 17, 2014

I've been to this place a couple times and each time it gets better and better! When I say that I can assure you that you will receive outstanding service from the employees, and amazing food! Personally, I enjoy the steak because it is grill to perfection, and has its own unique taste that makes it better than most steak houses I've been too. Other than that if you get to meet the owner James you will soon learn that he is an amazing down to earth guy that really cares about his customers. Go try this restaurant out! I promise you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Billy S
Reviewed July 5, 2014

WOW! This meal was so awesome!!! Apparently, this restaurant does this every Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day and Thanksgiving-at least! We were there this past Mother's Day.

For only $35/person, we got an all-you-can-eat prime rib that was mouth watering, seafood to the max replete with steamed snow crab legs, peel-and-eat shrimp, fish pieces in a delectable sauce and steamed mussels and clams. There were other warm vegetable dishes offered. The seafood and meat were wonderful... words don't describe the flavors that when combined, offered a unique sense of euphoria. But that was not all... no! There were beautiful displays of freshly cut fruit, hand-dipped chocolate strawberries that would outsize a young person's hand, hand-shucked oysters on the half-shell and the desserts... mmm-mmm! The salad bar offered very fresh lettuce, tomatoes, baby carrots, whole hard boiled eggs, chick peas, roasted sunflower seeds, croutons and other delectable additions-too many to name here. Banana's Foster, Vanilla ice cream and a myriad of various slices of cheese cake, chocolate cake and mini cheese cake bites rounded out the meal. All in all, the food was presented in an elegant fashion, the visit with my family members was wonderful and the ambiance of the restaurant was tops... it was truly a magical Mother's Day!

These special meals required a reservation which my family made ahead of time I was told. At the end of the meal, a single red rose was offered to me and each mother that was there. Impressive!

1  Thank Eyesofachild
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I was so glad for the input from others. This place was awesome. Wouldn't have found it without Tripadvisor and earlier reviews. We had shrimp... I had them with chipotle spices, my wife had lemon style. Both were great. Will definitely return. I just might arrange dinner hour to coincide with Burlington as a location.

1  Thank J Robert B
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Chef James and Spices on the Green came recommended to us for a wedding rehearsal dinner party. We coordinated the dinner two months prior to the event. The Chef was very easy to work with in terms of accessibility, flexibility and menu options. We had approximately 40 adults and several children present. We had a full salad bar followed by Prime Rib, Chicken (oven finished and grilled), mixed vegetables, oven roasted potatoes all served buffet style. The dinner was followed by a Bananas Foster desert. The presentation was nice and functional, The food was excellent in terms of quality and quantity. The event exceeded our expectations.

We had a large room set aside for our wedding party. The tables were set up as we had discussed. We were immediately seated and started on the salad bar. At our notification, the Chef brought out the hot main entree's. The prime rib was cooked to order and cut to order. All of the guests were very complimentary of the food.

The prices were very reasonable for the quantity and quality of the food. We had a very nice conversation with Chef James after the dinner. He was willing to share some of his cooking techniques which was really interesting - the oven finished chicken and prime rib preparation in particular. It's clear that he has a very strong passion for cooking and pleasing his customers. We would definitely recommend this restaurant for individual outing or a larger group.

The wedding party rented out the big barn at old town for a western themed outdoor wedding. The wedding went flawlessly and was beautiful. A nice outing for the wedding rehearsal dinner was a very good start to a wonderful weekend

118JamesT118, Owner at Spices On The Green, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words, please come back soon.
JT