“We slept in the car instead.”

Americas Best Value Inn Burlington
Americas Best Value Inn Burlington
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Springfield, Missouri
“We slept in the car instead.”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stopped quite late at night in a snow storm with my three children. I was charged a rate that is comparable to what you would pay for a 2 1/2 or 3 star room, which I happily paid to get out of the storm. Upon entering the room, I discovered that the door could only be minimally secured. We were going straight to bed, so I pulled the blankets back on the first bed- full of hair and what appeared to be fluids of some kind. In giving the benefit of doubt, I pulled the second bed back thinking we could just make do for one night as it was nearing 1am. Again it was clearly an unchanged bed. Told the tired kids to use the restroom, and we trekked back out to the car. I did not feel it would be worth the effort of attempting to request a change in rooms or a refund, as check in had not been particularly smooth- no reservation because it was an unplanned stop. I felt more hygienic grabbing a few hours nap pulled up in the locked car at the gas station.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Travel-Burlington, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Burlington, responded to this review, December 3, 2014
Dear Guest,
I apologize for your dissatisfaction with your room. We change our bedding each day but there is no excuse for our guests' disappointment. I am having a difficult time locating your reservation information anywhere in our system. If you can provide me the details of your stay, I can provide you with future travel vouchers. Please contact me at styi99@gmail.com. Thank you.
Tae Yi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Mount Pleasant, Texas
Reviewed September 6, 2013

To start, they didn't even have my reservation. The confirmation I provided them, from their own booking service, was of no help. But, they had plenty of rooms. The check-in process took forever, even though I was the only one trying to check in. When accessing the motel from the parking lot, the exterior door does not have a lock system. As I made my way to the 2nd floor, my nose was assaulted by the smell of burnt plastic. Very unpleasant. The room door does not have an supplemental lock. The room was clean, but dated. For the money, I would choose some place else.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Burlington hotels

Miami, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Moving across country we stopped here for a few hours rest. The night before we had stopped at America's Best Value in Rock Springs, loved that hotel. Well we found out that not all Americas Best are the same! This was just at average, just at clean, just at comfortable. Will not stay there again. It would be nice if you could trust all the Americas Best Values to be just that the best value. What a shame and will know not all are up to standards of others.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Colorado
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

We stopped overnight arriving after 8 and leaving by 5. The property was clean as was our room. There was no sign of bugs or hair etc. I am surprised by all the negative reviews. There is a microwave and refrigerator and the location was convenient. We had a billing issue using Orbitz and the woman working the front desk quickly resolved it with a call to corporate.

The rooms are basic with an older look, the towels are thin and the shower head is low even for someone 5 feet tall but all in all it is fine for an overnight stop. I do agree the price is a bit high ($58) for the property but it seemed other motels in the area were similarly priced.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank gustav2011
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 4, 2013

It took almost ten full minutes to get checked in, which was ridiculous. Prices are hand-written on a piece of paper, math done by hand on a calculator, etc... It took so long that by the time I got back out to my car, my animals had even given up & gone back to bed.

With the $30 pet cleaning fee I paid for my two dogs, you would expect they'd have put more effort into cleaning these rooms- not so much. Carpet felt gritty so I put socks on immediately, and there is no way the bathroom was cleaned. There were a few hairs in the shower, the toilet seat had something sticky on it, and the paint in the shower was peeling in several directions. If it hadn't been past midnight by the time we pulled off the road to check in, I would have immediately gone elsewhere. The shower head is short, and even at 5'2" I felt crowded, and can't imagine how anybody taller than I could comfortably shower in there. The water gets INCREDIBLY hot, very quickly, I burned myself each time I washed my hands, forgetting how hot it gets.

After the dreadful shower, I needed to log on to the internet, but realized there was no log-in information in the room. Called the front desk twice- no answer. Walked down to lobby- it was locked. I knocked & knocked on the lobby door, returned to my room & called the desk again- nothing. Had to look at the print-out of my confirmation to get the hotel's actual phone number, and the gentlemen, who is incredibly difficult to understand, answered quickly. He responded with "just one minute," and set the phone down. I waited almost two full minutes, and then he showed up at my door with the information on a piece of paper, instead of just telling me over the phone that the password is the hotel's phone number, which clearly I already had since I was still sitting there on hold!

At check-out, I hoped to speak with someone in the lobby about my frustrations, but again, no one was to be found. I wrote a lengthy note & left it on the desk asking for a follow-up- nothing. Don't waste your time here, folks. They don't care about their customers, and it is not worth your money. Head next door to the Comfort Inn, it looked much more inviting.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We arrived very late at night and the staff was very helpful and efficiently checked us into a room. The room was nicely sized although it had a small bed, but it was clean and perfect for our needs, plenty of room for us to set up the pack and play for our baby. The hotel was quiet and had a small continental breakfast in the morning. Not a luxurious hotel, but clean and reasonable, perfect for travelers passing through town.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank MollyDWoo
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed here for two nights with friends. Comfy beds, good breakfast menu, friendly staff. Will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jenn D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Quality Inn Burlington
WoodSpring Suites Burlington
Best Western Plus Carousel Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Burlington
Rodeway Inn Golden Prairie

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!