“No more!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Chicago, Illinois
“No more!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

We travel a lot and it was the only and the worst experience in our last trip. We have been in Ameericas Best Value Inn many times so we even have a membership on it. The main problem of this motel is the menager (or owner?). If you have a problem and you are not satisfied with the service, don't think you will get a refund from him - he will call the police to not to give you the money back. He doesn't know how to care about the client and he does not solve problems creatively.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
      Location
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ABVI_Burlington-CO, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Burlington, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Thank you for staying at Americas Best Value Inn and thank you for your feedback. If you could please email me at styiinc99@gmail.com with more details of your nature of police reporting, I will be able to better assist you. I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay and I sincerely hope that I will be able to in contact with you to evaluate your incident. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

I was on road trip with my family and we got tired and decided to stay in burlington for the night. It was real late and I needed to let people know we wouldn't be getting to our destination and the owner let us use his personal cell phone for the long distance call! Then we checked in and there was so much space in the room and the beds were so comfortable, we'll be sure to make this our in-between spot from now on.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Redeye1232
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

I never like visiting Burlington but this place made my visit tolerable. It has clearly been improved since the other reviewers stayed here; the rooms were clean, the internet connection was good, the staff was friendly. I think they are trying hard to make their guests comfortable and I appreciate that. It's right next to Arby's and a couple other fast food places too, so I can walk to pick up dinner. Pretty convenient location. Next time I have to come back to Burlington I will stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mikki82
ABVI_Burlington-CO, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Burlington, responded to this review, August 5, 2011
Thank you for staying at the Americas Best Value Inn. We are happy to hear that you
are pleased with your stay and thank you for giving us an opportunity to show our hos-
pitality.
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2010

My expectations were low going in but I never expected a roach to scurry across the floor within the first five minutes. Hubby killed that one but found three more dead one's behind the night stand. A/C worked well but was very loud. The bed wasn't the worst that I've slept on. Like another reviewer we found random hairs throughout the room, especially the shower. Pluses would be the two complimentary bottles of water we received upon checking in and the hotel is surrounded by places to eat, none that deliver unfortunately. One last thing, if you are over five feet tall good luck with the shower head.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
1 Thank DixieTango
ABVI_Burlington-CO, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Burlington, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We have gone through a major staffing change in the past year, including our cleaning crews, so you will be able to enjoy your stay in a more comfortable and clean room. Please visit us when you're driving through Burlington, Colorado.

Travelers are raving about these Burlington hotels

Wichita KS.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2010

My brother, his wife, hubby and me stayed here in two separate rooms. Brother paid extra for his room for the King size suite. Mistake! Air conditioner didn't work, brother had to work on the toilet to get it to work. Don't believe the sheets had been changed.... Remote for the TV was finally found under the bed. My sister in law is not one to complain to the front desk but felt this was too much not to say anything. the response she recieved was...... silence.. not i'm sorry or anything. How sad this was for my brother and his wife. The was their annv. night. They paid over 100.00 for this room. This hotel is way over priced. The lobby was hot as were the halls. The air in the rooms are off until you turn it on. I would say the owner is so tight with his money he doesn't care if you are happy or night. He knows most of the people are there once and never again. I will NEVER BE BACK.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. Many of our units have been either upgraded or changed, so please visit us again when you are driving through Burlington, Colorado. Thank you.
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2010

Found several hairs from the previous occupant of my bed. Manager refused to make a refund. I stayed elsewhere. Corporate headquarters also refused to make a refund. Bottom line: this motel chain was recently rated as worst in the country by Consumer Reports. They have earned this distinction. Stay elsewhere.

Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We have gone through major changes in our cleaning crew and front desk staffing. I believe you have contacted us separately and was given a coupon for a future stay. Please think of us when you're driving through Burlington, and don't forget to bring your coupon with you. Thank you.
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2010

When I checked in I asked for a room with a good internet connection. I did not stay in the room. I returned later needing to work and found no connection with two different computers. I needed to work so asked for a refund and was treted extremely rudely. When I continued to ask for my money back, showing both that the room had not been used an that neither computer could connect, the owner/attendant called the police on me. I spent more money at another hotel.

Avoid this one.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for your experience at our property. I believe you have contacted us separately and was offered a voucher for a future stay. Please visit us again and enjoy our upgraded internet connectivity.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
BEST WESTERN PLUS Carousel Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Burlington
Claremont Inn & Winery
Claremont Inn & Winery
#1 of 1 in Stratton

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!