“Wrost Hotel In Burlington.”
Review of Sloan's Motel

Sloan's Motel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Worst Motel in Burlington ,CO Dirty, Smelly and filthy. Desk Person is not friendly., lock the door at night early. No coffee. Ripoff. Not good for the family. Rooms smells like urine in the bathroom. Beds are not comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I don't know what's going on in Burlington but on a Wednesday most of the hundreds of rooms were sold out at 3P.M. So I guess I was lucky to find this place. I've stayed in better but I've stayed in worse. It was average in just about every aspect. Nothing stood out. The worst thing was the carpet. It was old and dirty. Probably the best thing was a pretty full cable selection on a decent TV as far as a picture goes. AC worked fine. Shower was weak. Didn't try the breakfast but probably would have been better off instead of going to the Denny's there. With a little work it could be better place.

Room Tip: Ask to look at the room before you pay. If you don't like one ask to see a better one.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travler33560
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This may be a five star motel in India but it is not acceptable to even the most foregiving US- born traveler. Poorly maintained, no in-room coffee, no promised continental breakfast, flat screen TV but no reception, smelly, dark, etc. I should have known better when I noticed the main sign for the motel was burnt out. Old style heaters will keep you up all night so you are really crabby and ready to tell off the manager...alas, the office was closed at 6...6:15....6:30...you get the picture.

Room Tip: Look at the next motel down the road...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Norman441
Reviewed November 19, 2011

No only did the room smell like urine and have flies everywhere, I was ripped off. The desk clerk told me the credit card machine was not working (after I handed him my card), so the only other way I could pay was cash. It was the only place in town with a room, it was late, he failed to give me a receipt and ended up charging my card also. I disputed the charge, but ultimately my credit card company would not remove it because I had no receipt. he intentionally ripped me off--his records should have shown the double payment--he just pocketed my cash!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Miles1234328
Reviewed May 6, 2011

While Sloans used to have as good reputation it shouldn't now. Based on what I'd read I decided to stay there on a few different trips. I stayed in at least 3 rooms on different dates. The rooms were deplorable at best. Dirty, old, tired is the best I can describe them. Pieced together with cheap unprofessional repairs. There are other nicer places in Burlington that are just as inexpensive or more so. I wouldn't believe the good reviews that are posted!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank GJG33364
Reviewed October 25, 2010

this motel is best for any age people i stay hear so many time this best i find in this area staff is frindly room is clean and big, but is definitely one of the best ones compared to the other ones in town.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank peter19191919
Reviewed September 7, 2010

This is an older hotel and definitely doesn't look like much from the outside. The staff was friendly and helpful. We even arrived late. The room did not smell funky or like smoke or generally old. The room was very clean and the bathroom was large and newish. The bed was a little firmer than I like, but I still slept VERY well the two nights we were there.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple