“Fantastic Experience at Arrowhead Point”

Arrowhead Point Campground & Cabins
Denver, Colorado
“Fantastic Experience at Arrowhead Point”
Reviewed August 29, 2007

What a fantastic place - it is not some much the amenities that I liked, it was the owners. Very nicely done.. as mentioned in earlier reviews the place was run down but they are improving day to day. I ws only there for one day passing through and it was raining when I arrived. The owner was very helpful, drove me out to my site and helped me back my RV in. Wonderful couple who could not be more friendly. The reviewer who complained about the bathroom situation sounded like they ended up there at a back time. Note sure any rv park would be staffed and ready for 100 bikers coming by or have the facilities to make that work!
last thing.. after a long drive we found that they had family movie night for my kids on Saturday night and a pancake breakfast the next morning - what a pleasure - I am headed back for the labor day weekend!

Check it out.. don't think you will be disappointed.

• Liked — Owners and Staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Arlington, TX
Reviewed July 23, 2007

Some friends had actually selected to stay at Arrowhead Point and I only spent a night there to meet up with them before continuing on with my own travels. I showed up at about noon and asked Cathy if she had any cabins because I had no camping equipment with me. She offered me a "yurt" which is like a tent on steroids. She gave it to me for a great price and threw in some linens as well. I think she would have done anything to make me happy. Her husband is also very gracious and eager to please. They have owned the property just two years and I think they are going to do great things with it. I highly recommend Arrowhead Point!

• Liked — The hospitality of the owners
  • Disliked — There are only three restroom/showers and they were far from my yurt.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
St. Louis
Reviewed October 9, 2006

Arrowhead Point Resort was not anything close to what we expected. We booked our 5 nights stay through their website and thought that we had found the perfect place. When we arrived we found out that there are only 3 restroom/shower facitlies for the whole campsite. There were over 100 motorcyclist staying there the first two nights of our stay. Needless to say the bathroom/shower situation was horrendous. When it was your turn the bathroom facility was very dirty due to the boots of the motorcyclists. We found out that our campsite did not include water (which was not told to us when we made our reservations). I went to the main office to talk to the owners about the water and bathroom situation and the male owner was very perturbed that I had a complaint. He got right in my face and followed me out the door voicing his stance. I did not provoke him. If you decide to stay in Buena Vista, please ask a lot of questions when you are making your reservation here to make sure that you know what you are getting into. The facility is run down and the new owners are "slowly" trying to get things fixed up. Buena Vista is a wonderful vacation spot with lots of things to do.

Stayed July 2006
4 Thank stlrunner
Winter Park
Reviewed July 20, 2006

My husband and I just returned from a month long trip driving all around the western part of our country. We stayed in our tent, camping cabins, economy hotels and luxury hotels. One of our best experiences was at a campground in Buena Vista, Colorado. The Arrowhead campground has just been purchased by new owners who obviously have had a lot of fixing up to do. We rented one of their camping cabins which had a regular mattress (many only have foam), cute curtains and was spotlessly clean. The showers and bathrooms were also clean. We were able to sit on the little porch and watch the sunset. What a beautiful experience!

Stayed June 2006
#1 of 2 in Twin Lakes
Surf Chateau
Surf Chateau
#1 of 8 in Buena Vista

Been to Arrowhead Point Campground & Cabins? Share your experiences!