“Clean and quiet”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buena Vista
Arrowhead Point Campground & Cabins
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed 2 nights, One week-end and one week-day. It was very quiet and extremely clean. I really loved the horse-shoe pit. Excellent area with lots of rafting and good eating places. The proprietors were very kind and helpful. The men's bathroom stalls need to have doors that don't come so close to the toilet. Other than that, cabin "A" has six beds! Nice. Great for a group of people looking to go rafting on the Arkansas.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was our third short stay at Arrowhead Point. We had a different site this time so we were curious to see if there were any changes. As with our visits last year, check in was a breeze, our campsite was spotless and the folks at in the office were friendly, helpful and knowledgable. The bathrooms were spotless and constantly cleaned, which is a huge plus! We brought our traavel trailer but perfer to use facilities when available and were very happy with what we found here again. One thing we noticed this time was that everytime someone checked out, the staff was immediately on the site or cabin cleaning. It is rare to find this upkeep anywhere anymore. We have to say that this has been another enjoyable viit and we will continue to come back. The rafting, hiking, views and local restaurants are excellent and to have a welcoming and clean camp space to settle in for the weekend is what makes Arrowhead Point so great. Thanks!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I was raised in Buena Vista and love to go back when I can. My first stay at this campground was in July of 2010. My sister, brother and our spouses and children went to BV as part of our trip and booked the two cottages. They were perfect for us and were cozy and clean. I'm not too much into roughing it while camping so I enjoyed having a bathroom and AC. Half of us were there for three nights (the other half for two) and we were supposed to get a tent site the first night. It was hot, my husband and I had just had a long day of rafting and that idea didn't appeal to me much. The owner offered one of the cottages to us at a discount for that night since we were going to check in the next day anyway, and we gladly took it. Our whole time there was very memorable. I forgot how the stars look in Colorado, and being away from the town lights, they are absolutely amazing. You can even see the galaxy swirl, for real.

Second visit, my sister and I went there last fall and stayed in a yurt. That was lot of fun as well. It did get absolutely freezing at night. We went out to eat, and to the State Highway Theater (which is a great bar, by the way) and we hadn't left the space heater on so the yurt was ice cold. It took a while for it to warm up but we put on layers and had blankets so we were okay. The yurt is a nice step up from camping. The main bathroom situation could be a bit better, but since we were there in late October, there weren't many people so we didn't have an issue. During busier times I could see planning showers to be a bit of a challenge.

I'm surprised to see negative reviews regarding management around the times we have stayed because they have been nothing but pleasant and accommodating during both visits. They have gone out of their way for us both times. Plus the setting is beautiful and the property is well-maintained as are the cottages and yurts. My sister and I are going again in July to stay in a yurt. This campground has been a highlight to our stays in BV the past couple of years and I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had an amazing time here with our Girl Scouts... They have volleyball net...basketball... park... very nice and clean restrooms. The cabins were very clean and roomy... Enough space for all the girls to have their bed. The mattress where nice and clean with plastic covers. The owners were amazing...GREAT service!!! Great cappuccino bar (something nothing not expected). I will be back with my family! Thanks for the wonderful weekend!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The campground is pretty nice, with very clean bathrooms. The tent site had beautiful views. Overall, a very pleasant stay, but camping out without using electricity for almost $40 a night seems a little pricey to me. I would stay in a tent again, just for the scenery.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Very good Service! clean sites and showers / restrooms. It does have great views of the surrounding mountains. its a must stay if your in the Buena Vista area !
Cathy and Joe are GREAT. we will be staying there again soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 10, 2012

It's obvious from other reviews that "Joe and Cathy" definitely weren't around when we checked in. The old phrase about "first impressions" held true for us at this Camping Resort. After staying the previous week at KOA's and having warm welcomes at every one, walking in here to register....well, just flat out didn't have it. Without going into detail, it's pretty simple to say I felt more like an inconvenience than a guest while registering. When it came to the campsite, it was normal and what a person would expect at a RV resort. This is not a place I plan on returning too.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Super 8 Buena Vista
Super 8 Buena Vista
#2 of 3 in Buena Vista
Buffalo Peaks Bed and Breakfast

Been to Arrowhead Point Campground & Cabins? Share your experiences!