“Relaxing Time at the River” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mountain River Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buena Vista
Mountain River Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 8 Buena Vista B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“Relaxing Time at the River”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

We had a great stay at this B&B. Barb is a great hostess, we had a lot of fun chatting with her. We hung out on the swing by the river and enjoyed some wine and fished in the river.

The property has a nice hot tub overlooking the river as well.

Breakfast was different and delicious.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

I must start by saying "Thank You" Barb and Frank. This was the perfect way to begin our vacation...a "wonderful room on the river." The Arkansas River lulled us to sleep in the beautiful room ya'll provided. The bed was sooooo comfy! The fresh ground coffee (by Buena Vista's own Roastery) was only the beginning to the great breakfast that Barb prepared for us each morning...both with great views...either inside or out. Barb and Frank shared their knowledge of not only great hiking spots, and photo ops (Greg is a photographer) but great places to eat as well. We had our own porch and patio, bird watching spot, and a great hot tub with mountains and stars above and the sounds of the river below, to help soothe our bodies and souls. I can not recommend this Bed and Breakfast enough...it was a little bit of Heaven on Earth.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
BV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2009

Sept 7, 2009- Sept 19, 2009. I came to Buena Vista, Co for a little rest and relaxation and received so much more. I actually came out here by myself - may sound a little selfish, but how often does a mom have a chance to get away....Anyway while there are many wonderful accommodations and B&B's here in BV, I chose to stay at the Room @ the River. This B&B is literally on the Arkansas River. The Innkeepers, Barb and Frank, treat each guest as they are the most important. Barb is a phenomenal chef. The breakfasts she creates are Exquisite! After eating, I feel inclined to assist her in cleaning up as a symbol of my gratitude for the delectable nourishment she has provided. This meal actually can keep me full until 5pm!!! (I wonder what she will make tomorrow!!) There are three rooms, each has its own private entrance and restroom. Also, each room has its own private sitting area on the balcony overlooking the river. While this is a review on BV - obviously it is also a review on the B&B!!
There are so many things to do in BV: fly fishing, kayaking, road biking, mountain biking, hiking, panning for gold, camping, rafting, soaking @ hot springs, rock climbing. While you are gasping for air due to the elevation, the endless views of the Collegiate Peaks will also take your breath away :) It is a centralized location that one can take a few day trips and make it back to dinner @ Quincy's on Main St., where they only serve filet mignon, baked potato, and salad- your only decision is if you want 6, 9, 12 or 15 oz.
Aspen, Breckenridge, Canon City, Colorado Springs, Denver, Frisco, Silverthorne, Vail - are all within a 2 hour drive. However, the people in BV are so genuinely polite and eager to welcome you - you may not want to travel beyond the Chaffee County line. I met Keith and Evelyn Baker - they own the Trailhead outfitters store on 24- Keith took me for my first road bike trip - man was I nervous - those bikes have such itty bitty tires. I saw areas of BV that I wouldn't have - I definitely recommend stopping in their store and going for a ride. (I think I will do that again next week!) Anyway - This is the most peaceful and serene vacation I have ever had. While I miss the kids, I am so fortunate I get to stay another week! I can't wait to plan the next trip!! Treat yourself, take a little time for yourself, your family will appreciate you more when you return! You deserve it, come to BV and stay @ this B&B!!!

Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2008

The October 2005 review gives a full description of the general environment.The "new"rooms are attractively furnished and also comfortable from the practical aspect.At night the large sliding door onto the riverside balcony canbe left open(it is well screened) to hear the river,which has a beatiful red rock backdrop illuminated at sunrise.As a place for a restful night ,it is perfect.

• Liked — Riverside location
  • Disliked — Having to move on
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2005

We stayed in the two new rooms (one with a king, one with a queen) at the Room at the River (used to be called Meister House), which is just down the road from Liar's Lodge. This inn is literally right on the Arkansas River, away from town and the main road. Very quiet. A deck faces along the river, furnished with tables and chairs outside each room. We were served breakfast outside; three courses plus juice, coffee and tea. Delicious. The new rooms are very nice, good beds, every convenience: robes, frig, micro, no TV, cards, magazines, coffee maker and coffee, a bowl of candy, shampoo and conditioner. The king room has a claw-foot tub as well as a shower. I believe there was a TV in the common room, but who needed it? We didn't use the hot tub, but we roasted marshmallows in the firepit, and swung on the swing down by the river. One of our party fished and caught several trout. This is one of the most beautiful parts of Colorado, and a great inn.

• Stayed October 2005
Surf Chateau
Surf Chateau
#1 of 8 in Buena Vista
Buffalo Peaks Bed and Breakfast

Been to Mountain River Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!